Vinyl Me Please Anthology

its like all ive done today is liking your posts.

i hope this turns into another woodstock for them but i doubt that

Haha thanks! It’s just so bad because this idea could have been so good executed properly.

I agree completely, they need a couple of kicks in the teeth. The ego seems to have gone rampant and they’ve lost all perspective.

All you have to do is go look at the store thread. Danny brown sold out today. People can not get over their fomo. Even with a company that time and time again has shit on its customers, lied to them, disrespected them, sent out inferior product, acted like asses to them on sm, price gouged them. And yet, people are still buying. "Free record if you come back!" gets people constantly.
Even when records are available elsewhere and for cheaper. People are still buying from vmp.

Yes, I agree. This will sell out. And yes I agree, @Joe Mac, very damning indictment of humanity.... and consumerism at any cost.

Haha thanks! It’s just so bad because this idea could have been so good executed properly.

I agree completely, they need a couple of kicks in the teeth. The ego seems to have gone rampant and they’ve lost all perspective.
This 👌🏼 They are no longer the company I used to laud & push on people because of how great I found them. There gone way down in my estimates. My addiction to hiphop keeps me tethered but I really need to evaluate that. I havent been getting what I really want or need from them in a while

The best way to get into Motown - for this price you can get new Marvin Gaye’s 1972-1981 box set, Stevie Wonder’s albums from Talking Book to Songs In The key Of Life, Street Songs by Rick James,Can’t Slow down by Lionel Richie, Hi We’re The Miracles, Coolhighharmony by Boys II Men... and still have change. And that’s with the $80 discount. That’s 17 LPs. Sadly this is The Men at Motown set so those great female artists are missing out on your money but i’m Willing to bet you can get great copies second hand
So $345. That’s €312. If they charge $50 international delivery again that’s $395, which is €357. I got all 4 Bowie box sets delivered, by courier not by DHLs cheapest slow mo then handover to local post office option, for €250 each, €107 less!

They had 13-15 beautifully mastered and pressed pieces of vinyl, a gorgeous hardback book and a really well made double box. Bonus no storf podcast and no bookface forum.

Perspective...

My Motown list is for $260/£200, if it’s the price you have Joe add the other two Marvin Gaye boxsets. That’s another 16 LPs.

All you have to do is go look at the store thread. Danny brown sold out today. People can not get over their fomo. Even with a company that time and time again has shit on its customers, lied to them, disrespected them, sent out inferior product, acted like asses to them on sm, price gouged them. And yet, people are still buying. "Free record if you come back!" gets people constantly.
Even when records are available elsewhere and for cheaper. People are still buying from vmp.

Yes, I agree. This will sell out. And yes I agree, @Joe Mac, very damning indictment of humanity.... and consumerism at any cost.

Completely. I now see them as a store. Similar to amazon, I don’t like them but I’ll buy from them when they have a product I want and it isn’t overpriced. This whole FOMO fed must have at any price culture is getting out of hand.

My Motown list is for $260/£200, if it’s the price you have Joe add the other two Marvin Gaye boxsets. That’s another 16 LPs.

It’s $345 list and $50 international delivery if the same as last time. There is $50 off for early bird and a further $30 for Blue Note people so they’ll pay $265 plus $50 postage if outside the USA

Completely. I now see them as a store. Similar to amazon, I don’t like them I’ll buy from them when they have a product I want and it isn’t overpriced. This whole FOMO fed must have at any price culture is getting out of hand.

It's effing ridiculous. There is no longer any curation or exclusivity with vmp.

And it's definitely affected the quality of new albums industry wide. I rarely buy new anymore because I'm sick of it. Bad pressings, warps, seam splits, etc etc etc. I'll just crate dig for used stuff until this crap levels out again. I can get 4-5 used albums that I curate myself for the price of one album vmp lazily slaps their initials on and tells me I MUST HAVE.

It's effing ridiculous. There is no longer any curation or exclusivity with vmp.

And it's definitely affected the quality of new albums industry wide. I rarely buy new anymore because I'm sick of it. Bad pressings, warps, seam splits, etc etc etc. I'll just crate dig for used stuff until this crap levels out again. I can get 4-5 used albums that I curate myself for the price of one album vmp lazily slaps their initials on and tells me I MUST HAVE.

This is true. I’m pretty much on only new releases now to be honest. I was going hard and fast trying to fill all my big artist discography’s and it was just too much money. I want to do other things beyond vinyl. Also, whisper it, but I’ve really been enjoying buying reconditioned used cheesy 90s CDs for €1.50 a go in discount stores...

It’s $345 list and $50 international delivery if the same as last time. There is $50 off for early bird and a further $30 for Blue Note people so they’ll pay $265 plus $50 postage if outside the USA

Then add Diana by Diana Ross, Cloud Nine by the Temptations and Quiet Storm by Smokey Robinson too to make up that postage price. My 35 disc boxset is much more appealing I think.

Back