Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Yes, this is the group of people I remember you being a part of.
I'm not sure who you are or who you think I am, but your animosity toward me is kind of creepy.
Hey, let’s not carry over whatever happened on the FB group over to here, please? Continually calling someone out you don’t like escalates to bullying behavior and we don’t want that on our forum here.

Yeah I can’t imagine it was fun doing that job. The two things I remember vividly were a few of us inviting him to the “new members introducing themselves section” and being nice and that not halting him and then after he was banned the video absolutely panning VMP and the way they ran their forums. Funnily enough that was rapidly taken down!
Funnily enough he ran around the FB group acting much the same way. Just ripping on anyone who complained about all the mistakes from the get go. Our new friend RobbieBobby here basically tag-teamed with him in that respect. They at a couple points insinuated that they were part of some private group that ripped on people in the FB group they didn't like. A lot of this stuff has been deleted since it was part of threads VMP deleted since they were complaints about the various mistakes.

Funnily enough he ran around the FB group acting much the same way. Just ripping on anyone who complained about all the mistakes from the get go. Our new friend RobbieBobby here basically tag-teamed with him in that respect. They at a couple points insinuated that they were part of some private group that ripped on people in the FB group they didn't like. A lot of this stuff has been deleted since it was part of threads VMP deleted since they were complaints about the various mistakes.
I'm sorry, your obsession with me is weird as hell and making me uncomfortable. I don't know the Vinyl Junkies guy and I'm not part of a secret group dedicated to making fun of you.

The weird thing about this one compared to blue note is that you might be able to get great condition original presses for less than you payed for that Donaldson record, depending on what albums they choose.

Yeah, I was hoping I could find a cheaper VG copy of lou donaldson (OG or repress), just so I wouldn't have to have the version with that dumb VMP logo on the blue note label, but I checked periodically and nothing was coming up. [looks like there's a VG+/VG+ earlier repress posted right now though for $30 shipped!] That's a major disincentive for me to buy these anthologies if they keep that up. Totally makes sense on the obi strip and hype sticker, and I'm fine with a foil stamp on the back cover, but just leave the labels alone. Put "VMP" or "Vinyl Me, Please" if you have to, but not that goofy logo.

So I too will probably not be picking this up. I almost got on the Blue Note one (as in, ordered it then immediately cancelled like a little bitch) but these are just too expensive. I'm not sure I'd ever listen to them even - not really my bag.

I'd be very surprised - after what happened with the Blue Note ones, and the fact that I believe Blue Note is a "bigger name" in vinyl - if these also sold out before they went public. But you never know, they only press 1,000 and there are what, 30,000 VMPers?

If it's $250 or less before my $30 discount I'll probably get it. I will say I don't like how the box from the blue note anthology is wearing off and showing white spots all over
That's pretty wild. Kinda wish it were like the RSD RTJ box which is just a hunk of metal. No white spots on that bad boy.

If it's $250 or less before my $30 discount I'll probably get it. I will say I don't like how the box from the blue note anthology is wearing off and showing white spots all over
Mine had those white spots after I slid the box in and out of my Kallax shelf like, once. Definitely disappointing. That was a major factor in me just taking all the records out and filing them alphabetically.

Back