Vinyl Me, D - A Free Record Club

@Yer Ol' Uncle D please remove me from the list as I am in France. Though, I'd love to read every month your write up explaining why you picked this or that record. If every record is as good as your AOTM, we are in for a treat.

Likely no long dissertations on this thread when it comes to monthly picks. Will keep it short and sweet and let those who listen dig in more deeply if they'd like. I do think I'll ship each month's selection and let them arrive before announcing it. That seems like it would maximize the surprise factor and make it more fun.

And just to reinforce because I don't want to disappoint anyone - the only common thread in the picks will be I like them and think others may as well. Some may be older, some newer, who knows what genres - I literally wrote the first post with no real plan in mind. I'm making it up as I go.

As for 15-60-75, that, my friend, was probably a lightning in a bottle moment that will be damn near impossible to replicate. But maybe it'll be a monthly selection - literally no one, most of all the doofus who's running this thing, knows.

Updated post #2 with entrants. Check for your name and let me know if I've missed you. Taking all the handles from likes on the first post.

Actually starting to think about the repercussions of this thing and identifying some records I'd like to include. Shocked to find some are unavailable. Surprised to see others can still be had.

It'll be fun either way.

Actually started working on the logistics of getting 3 records a month to who knows where across the world today.

Who'd I call? @Ethos99 of course. The man is, well, THE MAN. So helpful with distribution suggestions and already coming through on helping me secure some items.

Based on his wisdom and recommendations, I'm gonna end the entry period a little early.

Please note - I'm shortening the entry period to end at midnight EST on Sunday, September 25th. Updated the thread title accordingly.

I'll need the extra bit of time to get winner info, may possibly have to set up individual accounts, get a lead on October's record, etc. etc...

That still leaves a full 4 days for likes to the first post. Plus, entries have slowed considerably and I don't think this will exclude anyone who'd like to enter.

Like I said earlier - I got a pretty cool concept. The plan - it's, uh, uh, yeah, it's, it's good. Real, real good.

congrats for ever person who is joining in... i wont because i want to spare D's wallet but this is one of the most nice and altruistic things we've done since the last PIFsgiving

Enter. No extra hit to my wallet because I'm pulling 3 winners.

If the lottery numbers hit, then everybody actually does win.

OK - I'm already getting totally out of hand with this thing. I can tell you at least a few months will be multi-LP releases or will be multiple records.

Also, while not implicitly stated previously, your 'like' on the first post legally binds you not to tell my wife anything about this.

And I thought IPA was my friend...

Back