Upcoming/Recent Shows

Saw Mitski twice and the crowd was surprisingly tolerable (except for the cell phones recording everything, lmao). But seriously, catch this tour if you can:

LiSKk1g.jpeg

dzOl667.jpeg

l3ewQx2.jpeg

dOyzAoF.jpeg

I also saw Dirty Projectors play a small acoustic show as a warmup for a bigger show with the LA Philharmonic:

RJkgHBR.jpeg

Just got 10th row for PJ Harvey in Montreal.
I was in the queue for the Boston show and noticed the next date was a weekend show in Montreal at a fully seated venue instead of a GA club on a Wednesday in Boston. No brainer! Hope the currency exchange stays that favorable!

Black Belt Eagle Scout / Sleater-Kinney ~ Observatory North Park, San Diego

Tour kickoff for SK's Little Rope tour. Black Belt Eagle Scout was new to me, really enjoyed their show and picked up an album from them afterwards. Definite threads of PNW indie rock history with their sound.

3rd time seeing SK and thought the show was really energetic and a strong mix of songs from throughout the years. The new songs sounded great, with Hell being an excellent opener.

Black Belt Eagle Scout

IMG_6137.jpeg

Sleater-Kinney

IMG_6177.jpeg
IMG_6185.jpeg

Wasn't sure where else to post this so here goes...

I just saw the lineup for Pickathon and it's right up my alley. I have been thinking about planning a trip to a festival to this summer with the wife while the kids are away at camp. The wife (mostly) likes the same music as me, but she is not as much of a concertgoer or festivalgoer as I am, so I would really have to sell this in order to convince her to get on a plane and fly cross country for a multi-day music festival.

My question is, broadly, what is Pickathon like? Is it well-run? Is it "manageable" (i.e. not a crowded sprawling mass of people)? What about logistics, is it easy to get to from the airport? How is the camping?

Any and all advice is welcome, including other festivals I should consider. Feel free to shoot me a DM so as not to hijack this thread. Thanks in advance.

Wasn't sure where else to post this so here goes...

I just saw the lineup for Pickathon and it's right up my alley. I have been thinking about planning a trip to a festival to this summer with the wife while the kids are away at camp. The wife (mostly) likes the same music as me, but she is not as much of a concertgoer or festivalgoer as I am, so I would really have to sell this in order to convince her to get on a plane and fly cross country for a multi-day music festival.

My question is, broadly, what is Pickathon like? Is it well-run? Is it "manageable" (i.e. not a crowded sprawling mass of people)? What about logistics, is it easy to get to from the airport? How is the camping?

Any and all advice is welcome, including other festivals I should consider. Feel free to shoot me a DM so as not to hijack this thread. Thanks in advance.
It would be worth asking the question over on the Music Festival thread - a few of the folks there have been to Pickathon.

Ventured out last night to catch Lael Neale on her first ever show in Portland. I've really enjoyed both of her albums and the live show was great. Talked with her after the show about the challenge of releasing an album in 2020. That said, it's great that so many emerging artists are finally able to build some momentum.

IMG_8896.JPG

IMG_8887.JPG

IMG_8906.JPG

The Bright Light Social Hour

PXL_20240321_002909124.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20240321_011442205.NIGHT.jpg

Ted Tyro is a local Louisville band and opened the show.
PXL_20240320_235104482.NIGHT.jpg

MoLowda closed the show.
PXL_20240321_023141952.NIGHT.jpg

All of them were great. I went to see Bright Light Social Hour, and was really impressed with Ted Tyro. I didn't know anything about MoLowda, they were good and have some good fans singing along with them, so it was fun.

Back