Upcoming/Recent Shows

How was this show? I was supposed to see him on Tuesday but had to bail because of a babysitter issue. Such is my life. I guess I'll settle for The Hold Steady in September.
It was good. The venue is great, I’d never been before. Definitely a much different vibe than a THS show. He does a lot of talking about the songs (what inspired him to write them, etc.) - I mean that as a positive.

@Lee Newman @Teeeee

Good recording of Sunday’s show
Oh excellent! I'll give this a listen in a little bit.

The dude head bangs like he's playing metal. It's so fascinating.

So last night was the start of my local indie music festival, Sled Island. Was a really great night, even if I was paying for it throughout work today!

First up was Cass McCombs at our downtown Central United Church. Great acoustics in this place, and Cass' guitar melodies worked great in the venue:

Then we headed to one of Sled Island's iconic venues, the #1 Royal Canadian Legion. First band we caught was a local act called Vailhalen (great band name):

Next up was Diamondtown, who traveled literally across the country from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. They were pretty awesome actually, with a very breezy jangly seaside rock kind of vibe:

To round out the night, one of the acts I was most looking forward to seeing: Japanese Breakfast! Michelle Zaunner and her crew absolutely killed it, despite still being jet-lagged from flying back from Korea two days prior. Also, she does the most hilarious and endearingly awkward stage banter.

Paul McCartney @ Petco Park San Diego. View from the 'cheap' seats.

3 hour show. Amazing how his voice has held up. Second time seeing him, still surreal.

img_3228-jpg.8307

Attachments

• IMG_3228.jpg
    IMG_3228.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 37
I've got some catching up to do!

Alright, so Day 2 of Sled Island started off with a bang from a woman who describes herself as a BEAST: Rapsody!

Then we headed over to a great double bill, starting with the dulcet tones of Black Belt Eagle Scot:

And followed by a dramatic set from the one and only TORRES:

Back