Upcoming/Recent Shows

Just received some Primus tickets today for October. I'm ready for live music!
My daughter is going to the Asbury park show with some coworkers. I remember it being announced but didn’t recall specifics about what Rush album they were covering. Just saw it’s A Farewell to Kings. I need to go. Will look in to Asbury and Philly.

My daughter is going to the Asbury park show with some coworkers. I remember it being announced but didn’t recall specifics about what Rush album they were covering. Just saw it’s A Farewell to Kings. I need to go. Will look in to Asbury and Philly.
Yeah, they are covering Rush's A Farewell to Kings as the first set, then playing a Primus second set. I'm not a huge Rush fan, but I love Primus and Claypool, and I'm sure they'll just jam the hell out of that album. And follow it up with a Primus's greatest hits 2nd set. The show I'm seeing will be in downtown Kansas City at an outdoor venue in fall. So it'll be nice and cool night time temps illuminated with the city lights. Really looking forward to it.

Yeah, they are covering Rush's A Farewell to Kings as the first set, then playing a Primus second set. I'm not a huge Rush fan, but I love Primus and Claypool, and I'm sure they'll just jam the hell out of that album. And follow it up with a Primus's greatest hits 2nd set. The show I'm seeing will be in downtown Kansas City at an outdoor venue in fall. So it'll be nice and cool night time temps illuminated with the city lights. Really looking forward to it.
And with The Sword and Wolfmother as openers. That show is stacked.

Considering Port Chester, Jersey City & Brooklyn. Love me some Spoon
Me too. Port Chester is my favorite venue of the three (and most convenient to my home) but might be more difficult to wrangle my friends up there. White Eagle is fun and the last night of the tour, but the least convenient and on a Sunday night. Brooklyn is probably the right call, though I may see if I can score good seats at the Capitol.

Me too. Port Chester is my favorite venue of the three (and most convenient to my home) but might be more difficult to wrangle my friends up there. White Eagle is fun and the last night of the tour, but the least convenient and on a Sunday night. Brooklyn is probably the right call, though I may see if I can score good seats at the Capitol.
Is the Cap show not GA? Or do you mean that you want balcony seats? I used to live just over the state line in CT, practically within walking distance of the venue. We’ve been in NJ for over 20 years now, so I’ve only been to the Cap once since it reopened for shows. Love it. I have yet to see a show at White Eagle, so looking forward to finally getting there.

Is the Cap show not GA? Or do you mean that you want balcony seats? I used to live just over the state line in CT, practically within walking distance of the venue. We’ve been in NJ for over 20 years now, so I’ve only been to the Cap once since it reopened for shows. Love it. I have yet to see a show at White Eagle, so looking forward to finally getting there.
Cap is sometimes GA, sometimes orchestra seats. Not sure which this one will be but my guess is seats.

I ended up getting Loge seats for Port Chester (if I do end up at that one it might be with my wife who’s not a fan of GA) and GA for Brooklyn. We’ll play it by ear.

More importantly, I just grabbed two for The Strokes at Irving Plaza on Saturday.

Booked so far for 2021: Strokes, Wilco/Sleater Kinney, Pearl Jam (plus whoever else I might see at the Asbury Park festival), MMJ, Spoon and Jason Isbell. Wouldn’t have believed that even like two months ago.

I ended up getting Loge seats for Port Chester (if I do end up at that one it might be with my wife who’s not a fan of GA) and GA for Brooklyn. We’ll play it by ear.

More importantly, I just grabbed two for The Strokes at Irving Plaza on Saturday.

Booked so far for 2021: Strokes, Wilco/Sleater Kinney, Pearl Jam (plus whoever else I might see at the Asbury Park festival), MMJ, Spoon and Jason Isbell. Wouldn’t have believed that even like two months ago.
I remembered about the Strokes at 12:55 - can join the waitlist, but it's gonna be a long day as I'll be in line in Princeton early that am for RSD, and we are driving up to New Haven on Sunday for Goose at Westville. Did pick up Jersey City tix for Spoon - would like to do the Cap, too, but not sure if we can make it that night. Might hope for some luck closer to show date.

We will also be at SHN - really pleased with the day 1 lineup as we will see Goose again, as well as Reignwolf (absolutely love those guys) and of course it will be fantastic to see PJ again. Hoping they announce rescheduled dates soon as we have Toronto, Baltimore & NYC and were hoping to get to St. Louis as well. Also have Julien Baker and Bright Eyes with more shows hopefully to be added.

I remembered about the Strokes at 12:55 - can join the waitlist, but it's gonna be a long day as I'll be in line in Princeton early that am for RSD, and we are driving up to New Haven on Sunday for Goose at Westville. Did pick up Jersey City tix for Spoon - would like to do the Cap, too, but not sure if we can make it that night. Might hope for some luck closer to show date.

We will also be at SHN - really pleased with the day 1 lineup as we will see Goose again, as well as Reignwolf (absolutely love those guys) and of course it will be fantastic to see PJ again. Hoping they announce rescheduled dates soon as we have Toronto, Baltimore & NYC and were hoping to get to St. Louis as well. Also have Julien Baker and Bright Eyes with more shows hopefully to be added.
Those Pearl Jam dates are going to get rescheduled for spring ‘22. The inmates in the Ten Club forum are getting themselves all worked up with speculation on fall dates, but I think it’s pretty clear that PJ is just going to do in 2022 what they were fixing to do in 2020, plus or minus these two festival dates.

I was johnny on the spot with the Strokes tix today, they appear to have gone in a couple minutes at most. Not surprising considering the capacity.

Foo Fighters x Pixies are going to re-open the MSG with 100% capacity on June 20.

That show is either going to be a huge, drunken free-for-all or 20,000 people awkwardly unsure of how to act after 15 months of lockdown.

Those Pearl Jam dates are going to get rescheduled for spring ‘22. The inmates in the Ten Club forum are getting themselves all worked up with speculation on fall dates, but I think it’s pretty clear that PJ is just going to do in 2022 what they were fixing to do in 2020, plus or minus these two festival dates.

I was johnny on the spot with the Strokes tix today, they appear to have gone in a couple minutes at most. Not surprising considering the capacity.
Congrats on The Strokes - should be a great show at the renovated Irving. Hope to get there soon.

100% agree that the PJ tour won't be rescheduled until spring - there is NO way they're playing arenas this fall. Jeff Ament did a promo on Sirius PJRadio saying "we look forward to seeing all of you OUTSIDE in September" I have no doubt they had back up dates on hold for this fall, but they will push it to the spring. Will be curious to see if they can keep the order of shows - we specifically put in for Toronto since it was the tour kick off. I LOVE seeing shows there, but if they kick off somewhere else in Canada, I will want to be at that show as well.

ETA: Just remembered that tomorrow is the 10th! Newsletter incoming. I predict - mention of SHN & Ohana, The Missoula stream, Stream merch, Vaults are shipping, 10c singles still en route, and not much more, other than to keep your address current for potential upcoming news.

Last edited:
Foo Fighters x Pixies are going to re-open the MSG with 100% capacity on June 20.

That show is either going to be a huge, drunken free-for-all or 20,000 people awkwardly unsure of how to act after 15 months of lockdown.

A bunch of friends picked up tix to the show (confession: I'm just not much of a fan since their first few albums) One friend who hates GA will be in GA and another who loves GA just isn't ready to do it, so she opted for really nice lowers. Will be so interesting to hear about everyone's take on it.

My first show since last Feb is this weekend - outside in New Haven - which I'm good with. I've picked up a couple other gigs indoors, but I'm still a bit skittish about crowds even though I'm well over 3 months fully vaxxed.

Congrats on The Strokes - should be a great show at the renovated Irving. Hope to get there soon.

100% agree that the PJ tour won't be rescheduled until spring - there is NO way they're playing arenas this fall. Jeff Ament did a promo on Sirius PJRadio saying "we look forward to seeing all of you OUTSIDE in September" I have no doubt they had back up dates on hold for this fall, but they will push it to the spring. Will be curious to see if they can keep the order of shows - we specifically put in for Toronto since it was the tour kick off. I LOVE seeing shows there, but if they kick off somewhere else in Canada, I will want to be at that show as well.
Like you I’m sitting on Baltimore and MSG tickets - the Baltimore show was set up so perfectly with the 4 pm Yanks game, it was too good to be true...my only real hope is that it ends up still being a weekend show.

I also have picked up some tickets for the first Amsterdam show a year from now - it’s right around my 40th birthday so I’m hoping I can finagle a trip around it somehow, but that’s easier said than done.

Back