Upcoming/Recent Shows

Like you I’m sitting on Baltimore and MSG tickets - the Baltimore show was set up so perfectly with the 4 pm Yanks game, it was too good to be true...my only real hope is that it ends up still being a weekend show.

I also have picked up some tickets for the first Amsterdam show a year from now - it’s right around my 40th birthday so I’m hoping I can finagle a trip around it somehow, but that’s easier said than done.
We have two shows with The National in Ireland next June. Unfortunately, they're a bit too early in the month to incorporate a PJ show or two unless we stay in Europe longer than I would normally plan.

We are within distance to Baltimore to go to the show and come home after. Unfortunately, so many friends were also going and we had planned to all meet up and it will be sad if that can't happen. It's so hard to be patient - I hope they announce soon so we can plan our spring!

My fall concert calendar is starting to get some shows, finally!

9/4 - Toad the Wet Sprocket, Lobrero Theatre Santa Barbara
9/5 - Toad the Wet Sprocket, Lobrero Theatre Santa Barbara
9/30 - Japanese Breakfast, the Regency SF

10/12 - Arlo Parks, Indy SF
10/30 - Wolf Alice, August Hall SF

12/16 - Chvrches, Bill Graham Civic SF

We have two shows with The National in Ireland next June. Unfortunately, they're a bit too early in the month to incorporate a PJ show or two unless we stay in Europe longer than I would normally plan.

We are within distance to Baltimore to go to the show and come home after. Unfortunately, so many friends were also going and we had planned to all meet up and it will be sad if that can't happen. It's so hard to be patient - I hope they announce soon so we can plan our spring!
When I think about how Baltimore was supposed to go last year - my in-laws live down there and my son has been breaking my balls to go to a Yankees game at Camden, so I set it up as a family trip that would transition into a baseball-and-PJ trip with my friends as the game went on - it feels like the montage in a heist movie where they explain/visualize the way the elaborate caper is supposed to work before everything goes wrong.

When I think about how Baltimore was supposed to go last year - my in-laws live down there and my son has been breaking my balls to go to a Yankees game at Camden, so I set it up as a family trip that would transition into a baseball-and-PJ trip with my friends as the game went on - it feels like the montage in a heist movie where they explain/visualize the way the elaborate caper is supposed to work before everything goes wrong.
We considered going to the game in Baltimore tonight. We are Mets fans, Matt Harvey is pitching.

Would have gone to that Yanks game as well and seen PJ that night. It was supposed to be such an amazing getaway.... This past year and a half has been worse than a heist movie - it's been pure horror.

I find some solace in the fact that the weather absolutely SUCKED that weekend. Cold rain. The game would have been awful, waiting to get in the venue would have been awful.... who am I kidding? I'd have loved every freaking minute of it.

Also had tix to see Tool there a month later. Last year was the absolute worst. So happy things are looking up.

Just back home from a very quick trip to CT to see Goose at Westville Music Bowl in New Haven. Great venue, especially for a jam band.
We had tix to see the National there last year (but covid) and undoubtedly would have queued for rail. Venue is small enough that seats in the lower bowl are great. Will def go back to see a show there - it’s just about 2 hours 40 mins from us (except when there is traffic on the CT turnpike like always)
20DB318C-82D8-41F6-985E-A6A0133829C3.jpeg

Just back home from a very quick trip to CT to see Goose at Westville Music Bowl in New Haven. Great venue, especially for a jam band.
We had tix to see the National there last year (but covid) and undoubtedly would have queued for rail. Venue is small enough that seats in the lower bowl are great. Will def go back to see a show there - it’s just about 2 hours 40 mins from us (except when there is traffic on the CT turnpike like always)
View attachment 102524
Those were some HOT shows! Venue looks awesome, have seen a lot of cool photos from the run. So excited for this Goose tour, they're on to something really special.

For those who have been to Merriweather Post Pavillion: I'll be heading there in October for the first time! Do you recommend staying in DC, Baltimore, or near the venue?

First live show since March 2020. This was at my favorite small venue with a couple local bands.

Kiana & The Sun Kings. They are great! Kiana is an outstanding vocalist & The Sun Kings can really jam!

View attachment 101727

Big Atomic. They can also jam and remind be of the Budos Band.
View attachment 101728

Hey, I was there! Just to the right of the stage! Fiona (the drummer) and Kiana are friends of mine. Good folks all of the sun kings.

Just grabbed a ticket for their EP show next weekend too!

View attachment 102524
I've actually never been there but a couple of my friends have - that looks cool! Like a smaller version of the Forest Hills Stadium. I think that's where they have that Tennis tournament in CT. A few of my friends are going to an upcoming Bright Eyes/Japanese Breakfast/Lucy Dacus show that I wish I could be there for.

I've actually never been there but a couple of my friends have - that looks cool! Like a smaller version of the Forest Hills Stadium. I think that's where they have that Tennis tournament in CT. A few of my friends are going to an upcoming Bright Eyes/Japanese Breakfast/Lucy Dacus show that I wish I could be there for.
Exactly. It reminded me of a smaller Forest Hills. I'm not sure if they still play tennis there (I know they used to play the Pilot Pen tourney there many years ago)

I'm still debating which Bright Eyes show to go to - do we want to trek up to New Haven, go out to Forest Hills or go to Bethlehem, PA (which is actually closest to us) Japanese Breakfast isn't on the bill, but she is playing 4 shows at one of my fave venues in Philly (Union Transfer) 3 have already sold out!

Lucy Dacus got me on the Maine announcement. I successfully avoided Boston due to show conflicts but that July show in a small Portland, ME venue with Laura Stevenson for $30 out the door was too good. I'm passing on so many former no brainer shows since everyone is touring, yeesh.

Hey, I was there! Just to the right of the stage! Fiona (the drummer) and Kiana are friends of mine. Good folks all of the sun kings.

Just grabbed a ticket for their EP show next weekend too!
They were great. Unfortunately I'll miss their EP debut. Is it on vinyl? Will they sell it at any local record shops? I'll have to keep a lookout for it.
Cheers!

The past year, I've basically been a junkie in withdrawal as it pertains to live music. Now I'm that dude blowing his whole paycheck on a bag of the pure stuff

Sept 16: Modest Mouse @ the Mosaic (SF)
Oct 5th: Van Morrison @ OAT (SD)
Nov 15th: Caribou @ The Greek (LA)
Dec 9th: Courtney Barnett / Warpaint @ The ACE Hotel (LA)

Also, if anybody wants a hit and lives in So-Cal, I have a spare ticket to the Van Morrison show

Back