Upcoming/Recent Shows

God, I missed gigs. It was so great to be back watching live music. Although some things were weird (ordering drinks through an app, the plexiglass between me and my neighbours), the sheer blast of seeing great music played in person was as amazing as ever. The gig was by Siril Malmedal Hauge, a local jazz vocalist, who I dig despite not really liking jazz vocalists. The music had the odd bit of wig-out jazz and the odd bit of smoother stuff. Most of all, it just made me yearn for more gigs.

20210709_200806.jpg

20210709_200756.jpg

Rolling Stones have rescheduled their US tour dates!

Aaaaand of COURSE the Cleveland date was unable to be rescheduled - getting a refund a year+ later. Guess I'll try for Pittsburgh tickets now.

Chicago folks, this is going to be a really cool night at the Conservatory

Sacred Bones and Empty Bottle Present...

PLANTASIA featuring...

original sets from MARY LATTIMORE and GREEN-HOUSE

plus reinterpretations of the Mort Garson classic album from

ALEX BARNETT / AYANNA WOODS / BEAU WANZER / BEN LAMAR GAY / CLAIRE ROUSAY / FETTER / FOREST MANAGEMENT / GREEN-HOUSE / JORDAN REYES / LIA KOHL / MARY LATTIMORE / SAM PREKOP

----------

Join Empty Bottle Presents, Sacred Bones & The Garfield Park Conservatory after-hours for a transformative experience combining sound, light and the gardens' lush vegetation.

The multi-sensory experience is inspired by Mort Garson's 1976 album Mother Earth’s Plantasia, which was intended for plants and the people who love them. The record was reissued on vinyl June 21, 2019 after it’s only pressing 43 years ago.

For this special once a year Plantasia event, Empty Bottle has thoughtfully curated a lineup of musicians to reimagine movements of Plantasia. Listen to new interpretations of Mort Garson’s Music for Plants by a variety of experimental, classical, and indie rock musicians.

Attendees are invited to explore the expansive grounds and participate in one of two timed listening sessions to hear Plantasia in the gardens’ atriums.

Got back to our first show post pandemic - Lucy Dacus and Laura Stevenson in Portland, ME. It was really fun to see them both try to get used to being back on stage. Laura was counting down each song and the minutes, Lucy was working on a brand new setlist.

I'll say this, as someone who has seen Lucy several times, this was the best I've seen her. Most of the new songs work well in a live setting and I think she has a lot more confidence in her stage presence and music.

Strong recommend for Lucy if you like her music especially the most recent album.

PXL_20210725_023941329.jpg

PXL_20210725_021715205.jpg

Thievery Corporation is touring and assuming my continued health, I'm going because they are a real fucking party

I believe Thievery Corporation is touring with Dessa who is, in herself, a complete badass. Wish she was hitting the Northeast in that configuration

We’ve got tickets to the Hella Mega Tour stop in Atlanta tomorrow night and I just have zero desire to attend. After a year and a half of having these tickets, I just don’t care anymore to spend 6+ hours in the Atlanta heat for this show. Should’ve sold/refunded these tickets when I had the chance.

Hopefully it won’t be as miserable of a time as I’m expecting.

First big show since covid. First show ever at the new Andrew J Brady ICON Music Center Festival Stage. Sold out.

Foo Fighters w/ Radkey

A little uncomfortable being in a sea of humans again, but damn was it fun to see a big rock show again.

View attachment 107012

View attachment 107014
Is this stage in Smale Park where the National's Homecoming fest was held? It is in the same location as where the main stage was? There's rumors that they are going to reschedule Homecoming v2 and I'd imagine they'd use this venue.

Is this stage in Smale Park where the National's Homecoming fest was held? It is in the same location as where the main stage was? There's rumors that they are going to reschedule Homecoming v2 and I'd imagine they'd use this venue.
Nope it's not in Smale Park where Homecoming was. It's where a parking lot was across the street from it. Owned by MEMI who also owns Taft Theatre, Riverbend/PNC. Not gonna lie I think I'd rather have it at on a temporary stage at Smale than this place because they have some serious issues to work out with the sound and stage sightlines for everywhere but the middle area.

20210806_183231.jpg
20210806_183249.jpg

Ariana Grande - August 6, 2021 - Fortnite

Ariana Grande did a concert in Fortnite! It was short, but sweet, and very visually stunning! Lots of amazing effects and interactive segments made it a sight to behold! Definitely one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed in a video game!

Back