Upcoming/Recent Shows

I actually like them live way more than I do their albums. If I had to recommend one, I'd probably go with Ride on the Train or 3 Shots. Didn't like their most recent, Ozone Park.
I've been listening to Gets Loaded this afternoon and thinking these songs all seem vaguely familiar. Not being a Lou Reed guy, I didn't realize that there's a reason for that. I like it though.

I've been listening to Gets Loaded this afternoon and thinking these songs all seem vaguely familiar. Not being a Lou Reed guy, I didn't realize that there's a reason for that. I like it though.
I'll be honest - prior to the in-studio session it had been a while since I had listened to them (save for the new album) so a lot of my memories of these albums are fuzzy at best. I'll have to revisit them.

Saw Flying Lotus 3D show last night. I can't post a pic that would do it justice - the 3D experience is so dope. Also, Tierra Whack joined him for the encore, which was amazing.

This was the first ever concert for a friend of a friend. HIs expectations are gonna totally messed up if he thinks that's your average concert.

Saw Flying Lotus 3D show last night. I can't post a pic that would do it justice - the 3D experience is so dope. Also, Tierra Whack joined him for the encore, which was amazing.

This was the first ever concert for a friend of a friend. HIs expectations are gonna totally messed up if he thinks that's your average concert.

I've got this one coming up in a few weeks. Really looking forward to it - everything I've seen looks over the top.

Massive Attack at SDSU Open Air Theater last night - kicking of the delayed US portion of their Mezzanine XX1 tour. Amazing show. Sound was spot on, you could feel the bass in your chest. And the visuals drove the narrative of the show without taking away from the concert itself, that's a tough balance.

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

Recently checked out the THING festival in Port Townsend, Wa and wrote a way too long review of it

Here are are handful of the photos that I took

Parquet Courts, Beduoine, De La Soul, Jeff Tweedy, Khruangbin, Orville Peck and the last one is my son with Jon Gries (Uncle Rico) and Jon Heder (Napoleon DynamiteAustin-Brown-Parquet-Courts.jpgbedouine-1.jpgde-la-soul.jpgJeff-Tweedy.jpgkhruangbin-cheers.jpgOrville-Peck.jpgRo-with-the-Jons.jpg)

I don’t have any pictures because Jack is wound too tightly, but Raconteurs + Olivia Jean in NYC last night was a great rock show.

Truth be told, even if I hadn’t had to pouch my phone I wouldn’t have any usable pics, since apparently there’s some obscure rule at Hammerstein Ballroom that says every dude there (other than me) had to be over six feet tall.

Mitski is taking a little break from touring, so here's a shot from last night's second-to-last show (for now).

6G3TFdD.png

Uprise Festival (Shippensburg Fairgrounds, Shippensburg, PA, 9/13/19)

Skillet

0913192259c_HDR.jpg0913192209b_HDR.jpg0913192204_HDR.jpg0913192153c_HDR.jpg

My fifth Skillet show, and easily the best yet! New songs, beefed up production, but the same incredible band! I got high fives from John (vocals/bass) and Jen (drums/vocals), and Seth (guitar) gave me the setlist! Also got some of the best concert shots I've ever taken! What a show!

Ledger (side project of Jen from Skillet), Sanctus Real and Zach Williams also put on great sets! Not to mention a stand-up comedy set for John Crist! Can't wait for day 2 tomorrow!

For more pics from Uprise Fest, check out my Instagram @sjettfolk!

Four shows in seven nights, three of them at the brand new Chase Center. Here are a few pics:

Massive Attack, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco

IMG_20190907_211121.jpg

IMG_20190907_222204.jpg

Dave Matthews Band, Chase Center, San Francisco

IMG_20190910_215811.jpg

Bon Iver w Sharon Van Etten, Chase Center, San Francisco

IMG_20190912_215937_212.jpg

IMG_20190912_210240.jpg

Elton John, Chase Center, San Francisco

IMG_20190913_203439_630.jpg

IMG_20190913_231730_723.jpg

IMG_20190913_201908.jpg