Upcoming/Recent Shows

Yikes! He was full of energy the other day. Swinging the mic stand around, interacting with the crowd, and thanking everyone! He must be on an off day, cause I've never heard him act like that on stage. I'm not gonna try to guess the reasons for that. Davey Havok is certainly a diva, but usually just the attention loving kind, not the jackass kind.

Crowd was definitely disappointing. Didn't return any energy back up to him, and hardly anyone in seats yet to even watch. But man, a veteran front man has got to know how to deal with that. You could just tell things weren't going his way from the beginning.

Crowd was definitely disappointing. Didn't return any energy back up to him, and hardly anyone in seats yet to even watch. But man, a veteran front man has got to know how to deal with that. You could just tell things weren't going his way from the beginning.

I've heard promoters and even venue staff haven't been treating the band or their fans with respect on this tour. Maybe that's catching up to him. Who knows? When I saw them headline 2 years ago, the crowd was INSANE. Everyone was jumping and screaming.

My wife offered this week to start going to the (her word) "weird" shows with me that I would otherwise usually go to by myself. So tonight we saw Robert Glasper. Wasn't her thing but she said it wasn't torturous. Progress?

Also, we got tickets through Groupon and our seats were 6 rows from the front! Great $20 deal.

MVIMG_20190825_203809.jpg

Last edited:
Caught the Heart / Joan Jett / Elle King big tour last night. Got the groupon tix for the lawn, so the pics are worthless...

Didn't get there in time for Elle King.

Joan Jett was great, 2nd time seeing her - definitely more fun than Heart in terms of connecting with the Audience. And her voice has held up really well.

Glad I got a chance to see Heart, some true classics in their set, and there was a great 70's synth solo in Magic Man - but it did feel like they were going through the motions at some points.

Next up - Massive Attack on Sunday!

Caught the Heart / Joan Jett / Elle King big tour last night. Got the groupon tix for the lawn, so the pics are worthless...

Didn't get there in time for Elle King.

Joan Jett was great, 2nd time seeing her - definitely more fun than Heart in terms of connecting with the Audience. And her voice has held up really well.

Glad I got a chance to see Heart, some true classics in their set, and there was a great 70's synth solo in Magic Man - but it did feel like they were going through the motions at some points.

Next up - Massive Attack on Sunday!
That same tour was here a few weeks ago. Your assessment is the same as my friends. Heart was on hiatus for a bit and my friends felt like it showed. They were not as tight as they can be.

I've seen Heart several times and have always loved them. I looked at the set list for the show that was here and it was odd.

Massive Attack is going to be so fun! I love them so much.

That same tour was here a few weeks ago. Your assessment is the same as my friends. Heart was on hiatus for a bit and my friends felt like it showed. They were not as tight as they can be.

I've seen Heart several times and have always loved them. I looked at the set list for the show that was here and it was odd.

Massive Attack is going to be so fun! I love them so much.

I had high hopes for Heart - one of the earliest records I remember is my sisters copy of Magazine, so it was great to finally catch them, and I wasn't disappointed in the show - it just wasn't engaging. The setlist was odd. They didn't focus on their back catalog - or their own catalog for that matter - as much as they could have.

Really looking forward to Massive Attack - that's going to be a special one.

Saw Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats, Gary Clark Jr. and our recently crowned N&G ROTM artist Nicole Atkins Sunday night. It was an awesome show! Nathaniel just brings so much energy and had everyone wanting to dance and clap the entire set. Gary is amazing, and I just stood in awe wondering how he could move his hands like that haha, and Nicole's set was great and a lot of fun too. Definitely a great night!

Back