U-Turn Turntables - Discussion, questions and advice.

After installing a Grado Blue3 and realizing my azimuth was off (see Grado thread for misadventures). I was album to straighten my headshell out but apparently I'm missing the screw that holds the headshell in place.

View attachment 35984

I'm guessing this is how it got off in the first place. UTurn is sending me a screw and hex key so hopefully it doesn't go off again.

But my headshell isn't particularly loose. How easy is yours when you take the screw out?

This is the older unipivot arm.
So does the head shell move easily right now? Looking at the pic it kind of looks like the hex screw is there, that's why I'm asking........is it possible you have the wrong size key?

No it doesn't move easy at all. I tried everyone I had. The email they just sent says its a 1/16" key. I'll have to double check what size I was using but when I was doing it nothing was happening then the next size up I used was too big. That was my metric set. My standard set might only start at 1/8". I sent the pictures to UTurn and they said the screw was missing but I do see what you're seeing as well.

When you flip records or switch them out do you turn it off or leave it running? Was wondering what the consensus is. I’ve always turned it off then turned back on once flipped but I saw during an Instagram live yesterday from the u-turn account they left it running.

When you flip records or switch them out do you turn it off or leave it running? Was wondering what the consensus is. I’ve always turned it off then turned back on once flipped but I saw during an Instagram live yesterday from the u-turn account they left it running.
I always turn it off but I'm clumsy. You can probably leave it running if you're a Ninja. I'm afraid of surface scuffs.

I turn mine off. I've tried both ways and it just feels weird to take it off the platter when it's running. I read somewhere that it would take a decade plus of turning on/off to have an impact, but your mileage may vary.

what protractor might be best for the uturn, should i just buy the one they already have

thanks.. i mostly wondered because of uturns own personal one
How old is your U Turn? Stevenson was for the older Unipivot arms. The U Turn one is for the newer tone. It actually looks pretty simple. I wish they made it for the older tone arm.

Back