U-Turn Turntables - Discussion, questions and advice.

That’s good to hear. It was just one of those moments where I thought, was that there before I started wiggling off the stylus or not.
I had the same moment one day. I couldn't remember if it was that loose before but somehow I figured out that that's just how it is.

Curious who is still rocking with their Orbit or has everyone moved on?

I've had mine about five years now (granted it was boxed up for around two of those). It's still using the same belt, and I changed the 5E to a 10 stylus.

It's never given me any problems, is nice and quiet, and has yet to skip on a record (not counting the times I've bumped it 😅).

I've had mine about five years now (granted it was boxed up for around two of those). It's still using the same belt, and I changed the 5E to a 10 stylus.

It's never given me any problems, is nice and quiet, and has yet to skip on a record (not counting the times I've bumped it 😅).
I still use mine regularly at work (office set up). I've had it about 6 years now. Replaced the belt twice. Swapped the original cart for a Grado Black. It's been great.

I'm still using mine as my main turntable. Upgraded to a Grado Blue3 about 3 years ago but that's about it.

Still have mine! Going strong now for 4+ years. I bought a few replacement belts just to have on hand, replaced once. Changed out the AT cart it came with for a Grado Gold 2, then upgraded the stylus to an 8MZ. Only thing for me is that with an office system now I split my spin time.

Interesting… hey @HiFi Guy, thoughts?

That tonearm looks interesting. Like something in between a Rega and a Clearaudio, anybody else getting that?

Good for them, it's honestly about time they added something to the line-up and I think going a little beyond the other $500-ish range TTs into the $1k price point is probably wise. I always liked my U-Turn and the company, hopefully it'll do well for them.

Claimed wow and flutter is better than the Pro-Ject tables in the same price bracket. Curious about this tonearm.

Electronic speed control! No more moving the belt!

I wonder if they will only sell it with the Ortofon Blue or there will be other options.

I’ve been looking to upgrade my table for a while. This seems promising. I don’t have much space for all of the amps and stuff. Is that Pluto Pre-Amp you can have installed a pretty decent option?

The more I look at it, the better it looks.

I really like the magnesium arm. I’m certain that the magnesium arm is one of the reasons my Technics 1210G sounds so damn good. To get a magnesium arm at this price point is insane.

The anti skate mechanism looks really well implemented.

Ditto the grooved platter so the belt doesn’t slip off.

I’d like to see longer cartridge alignment slots. I’d be concerned that they may not be long enough to allow alignment of some other cartridges.

I see the Ortofon 2M Blue as a bottleneck. I’d want to put a Grado on it or possibly leapfrog the Bronze and go Black LVB.

I’d like to also see a no cartridge option for $799.

But as is, I see this as the pick for a grand.

The more I look at it, the better it looks.

I really like the magnesium arm. I’m certain that the magnesium arm is one of the reasons my Technics 1210G sounds so damn good. To get a magnesium arm at this price point is insane.

The anti skate mechanism looks really well implemented.

Ditto the grooved platter so the belt doesn’t slip off.

I’d like to see longer cartridge alignment slots. I’d be concerned that they may not be long enough to allow alignment of some other cartridges.

I see the Ortofon 2M Blue as a bottleneck. I’d want to put a Grado on it or possibly leapfrog the Bronze and go Black LVB.

I’d like to also see a no cartridge option for $799.

But as is, I see this as the pick for a grand.
Side note from Ben at U-Turn, only launching with the 2M Blue, the Bronze may be added as an additional option at some point, but no other cartridges are being considered at the moment.

Back