Tunes From Asia

50% off select items at Virgin Babylon Records. Mostly CDs, though World's End Girlfriend's Last Waltz on vinyl is included!
Make sure to click on the International order option on the left of each product page.

Anyone order the latest addition of Yoshimura-music for 9 postcards. I haven’t received a shipping notice yet and it was scheduled for 19th of this month from LITA.

I also sent an email back on the 11th to see if I could change shipping for BGM but also had no response back, very unlike LITA but they must be swamped? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I've never had any issues with them before 🙏

Just saw an IG post saying sorry about delays they are at Pitchfork.

Japanese indie group The Molice has been touring in the US for the last several months on a very DIY basis. Now they're asking for help to renew their visas so they can continue their new base of activities here, including the recording of their next album.

They are some of the nicest people you could ever meet (they had me shoot one of their shows while in Japan). Would love to see them stick around! (Their touring has fallen just short of Chicago.)

For all the nujabes fans out there

Collections of songs by hideout productions, most of these produced by nujabes

tenor.gif

I personally use their music as a meditation exercise, their last album was pretty experimental ambient, long songs with the same riffs looping , I gave their twenty minute song on this album a listen and it seems to be along the same lines as the last album. ** edited Their last album was Mostly chill, very laid back, though this album seems to be a bit heavier after listening to more songs off the album ***

I like it, but it is a little spooky when walking into a psychologist's office.

Got my Ironomi record the other day. Had a first listen (record version). A little disappointed it only piano, lite, & electronics, but it is a beautiful album.

Discovered Still Way - Satoshi Ashikawa on the same day.

Haven't received my copy yet, am looking forward to giving it a spin once it does. What do you think of satoshi? He was in the Lita kankyo ongaku comp

I’m not entirely sure of what going on with the Satoshi album. I don’t even know if Satoshi is male or female. But that harp sample he/she uses is subtlety synthetic sounding. It makes the music have a slight tinge of strangeness. I like all the open space in the music also, which makes music develop slowly and creates an entirely unique mood. It makes everything more interesting by refining it to very simple parts rather than adding complexity.

Woah I started to question myself and had to double check, but I can confirm, at least according to some articles and photos, he is in fact a he. haha They repressed Still Way this year but I missed out on it, hoping to grab it one of these days.

I saw it on turntable lab's FB and then checked the WRWTFWW bandcamp and there seems to be copies to be had.

Back