Tunes From Asia

if you don't mind me asking, what's in the box?
Of course, it was pretty much everything that was in stock:

1.Masana Temples: Single Jacket Blue Vinyl, by Kikagaku Moyo/幾何学模様
Record/Vinyl
Options: SHIPPING TO USA
2.Gypsy House: Coloured Vinyl <2nd press>, by SUNDAYS & CYBELE
Record/Vinyl
3.House in the Tall Grass: Single Jacket Black Vinyl, by Kikagaku Moyo/幾何学模様
Record/Vinyl
Options: SHIPPING TO USA
4.山險峻/Sua-Hiam-Zun: Coloured Vinyl, by 破地獄/Scattered Purgatory
Record/Vinyl

and a separate order of:

Forest of Lost Children, Limited-Edition Clear Vinyl with Black Splatter, by KikagakuMoyo

This was a beautiful album to start the day coding with, peaceful, zen-like, allowed me to get in and focus. Great recommendation!

It was amazing when I first discovered it. Maybe it was where I was at at the time, but it seemed like something entirely new. Ambient music with acoustic instruments. Avant-Guarde with out all the harshness.

I wish it was on vinyl. The label does vinyl releases, but they rarley make it to the US. I have one from a Greek pianist. A bit more romantic classical influenced

Here's some stuff outta Japan I've been listening to recently.

That City-Pop compilation from LITA just came in this week and I'm loving it. Not the picks from the genre I'd necessarily want, but a good intro to some artists I didn't know.

Otoboke Beaver is a kick-ass punk quartet and they just released a new album:

Minyo Crusaders "rework historic Japanese fok songs with latin, African, Caribbean and Asian rhythms on their debut album 'Echos of Japan.'"

And these guys:

Anyone here of the label Kitchen Label?

Contempt classical, ambient, folk vibes from Japan/Singapore.

Adore them, so glad they're being talked about here! Aspidistrafly has a new album on the way, so very excited about that. :love:

In the meantime, the new Kin Leonn album is great - def recommend it to fans of Nils Frahm, Olafur Arnalds, Jon Hopkins, The Field, Four Tet and the like.

The Asian category of my collection is WOEFULLY underrepresented. I'm following to get some good suggestions.

I'm a bit embarrased to admit, but I really liked the CRA soundtrack. I'd appreciate any recommendations that might be in a similar style.

Welcome! I will give that a listen so I can help lead you in the right direction!
I'm not sure what I like about it. Much of it is big-bandish or modernish covers... that's not what attracts me specifically. It's the non-western arrangements and feeling, the language, the exotic sound. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly. Anyway... I'll be following here and checking things out. Thanks!

Adore them, so glad they're being talked about here! Aspidistrafly has a new album on the way, so very excited about that. :love:

In the meantime, the new Kin Leonn album is great - def recommend it to fans of Nils Frahm, Olafur Arnalds, Jon Hopkins, The Field, Four Tet and the like.

Yea they are great. I forget how I found out about them. I wish their physical product was more available in the US.

Have you hear the new Visible Cloaks Album? They are Japanese New Age inspired, but the new album has a couple Japanese artist collaborating.

Yea they are great. I forget how I found out about them. I wish their physical product was more available in the US.

Have you hear the new Visible Cloaks Album? They are Japanese New Age inspired, but the new album has a couple Japanese artist collaborating.

I have not! First time I’m hearing about it, but I did enjoy Reassemblage, and they a fantastic job curating the Kankyo Ongaku compilation. Will check it out!

Back