Tunes From Asia

I really want this

https://lightintheattic.net/releases/4836-tokyo-flashback-p-s-f-psychedelic-speed-freaks

Few label founders loom as large in the history of underground music as P.S.F Record’s Hideo Ikeezumi. Over three decades and more than 200 titles, Ikeezumi’s intensely critical ear guided and assembled a body of music that transcended genre; he exclusively championed artists that were uncompromising in their visions, unconcerned with trends or commercial success. This four-LP compilation, selected by Ghost’s Masaki Batoh, is a primer of Ikeezumi’s curation: a kaleidoscopic collection of previously unreleased gems from the Japanese underground. Running the full stylistic gamut from the hushed tones of Kim Doo Soo and Go Hirano to the psychedelic rock splendor of Overhang Party and High Rise this set connects the dots between generations and movements, all linked by the common thread of Ikeezumi’s panoramic musical vision. The most original voices in the avant garde, psychedelia, folk, free jazz, and rock all found a home with P.S.F. Records.

Featuring exclusive music from Fushitisusha, Ghost, Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O., Keiji Haino, Kazuo Imai, Maher Shalal Hash Baz, .es, á qui avec Gabriel, Shizuka, Masayoshi Urabe, Ché-SHIZU, White Heaven, Keiko Higuchi, Reizen, Makoto Kawashima, Niseaporia, Hasegawa-Shizuo, and Hideaki Kondo.
Black Editions is pretty cool. The High Rise II they put out is awesome.

Heartbeats Vinyl record shop owner introduced me to this beautiful compilation of Japanese ambient and synth-pop music, I am listening right now and find it very interesting. Set to be released by Tokyo-based label Jazzy Couscous, the collection features collaborations between Keizo Inoue and Ryuichi Sakamoto, guitarist Kazumi Watanabe and Nobuyoshi Ino, and a host of pivotal artists who used textured electronics to explore exotica-tinge dreamscapes. It begins with Takashi Kokubo’s ‘Underwater Dreaming’, whose A Dream Sails Out To Sea (Get At The Wave) is set for vinyl reissue. Volume two is being released on September 16th.

Kumo No Moko - A Journey Into 80s Japan's Ambient & Synth Pop Sound (Jazzy Couscous / 2018)

Back