Tunes From Asia

Just ordered the 7" of the theme song to the Female Prisoner #701 70's exploitation/revenge franchise, written and performed by the lead actress herself, Meiko Kaji. I think this song made an appearance in Kill Bill at some point too. Having watched all of the original FP701s, it's no surprise where Tarantino heavily borrowed his influences. This will be the third-oldest piece in my collection behind the Barbarella soundtrack and the recording of the famed The War of the Worlds radio broadcast.

Checked this out because it was #1 on rym for the year. Not totally my wheelhouse but I thi k some people here would enjoy it. Shoegazey. Having a hard time thinking of a RIYL.

Parannoul - To See The Next Part Of The Dream

Last edited:
Just ordered the 7" of the theme song to the Female Prisoner #701 70's exploitation/revenge franchise, written and performed by the lead actress herself, Meiko Kaji. I think this song made an appearance in Kill Bill at some point too. Having watched all of the original FP701s, it's no surprise where Tarantino heavily borrowed his influences. This will be the third-oldest piece in my collection behind the Barbarella soundtrack and the recording of the famed The War of the Worlds radio broadcast.

I been trying to pick up some of her stuff - but hoping for a cheaper reissue at some point. Also discovered her thru Kill Bill :)

Hey guys! Just saw that Ichiko Aoba's last album Windswept Adan will be reissued in June and can be pre-ordered from Amazon (wait for shipping costs issue to be fixed, should happen closer to release date). It's on Ichiko webshop as well but they do not accept pre-orders from customers outside of Japan :

She also released a collaborative album with Nuuamm on vinyl (1000 copies only)

I"m falling into a youtube black hole
Been playing 70's Japanese albums
Getting quite obsessed with this album - been playing it last few days

For those that were interested in this one... reissue thru LITA!
@blissfullychaotic

It's 50 pre shipping though :oops:

Her other albums are also available included a boxset with all of them + additional stuff.
I might have to bite the bullet on Mangekyou at the very least.

Hi there, help. I also went down the Ichiko Aoba rabbit hole and she took over my Spotify. Does anyone know a place where I can get the 0 vinyl for a reasonable price instead of giving in to the scalpers on Discogs? Already ordered Utabiko, which is still available, but 0 seems sold out most places? I even wanted to order from her Japanese Webstore, but my Credit Card refused the payment.

Also, If anyone knows similar acts worth checking out, please let me know :)

Hi there, help. I also went down the Ichiko Aoba rabbit hole and she took over my Spotify. Does anyone know a place where I can get the 0 vinyl for a reasonable price instead of giving in to the scalpers on Discogs? Already ordered Utabiko, which is still available, but 0 seems sold out most places? I even wanted to order from her Japanese Webstore, but my Credit Card refused the payment.

Also, If anyone knows similar acts worth checking out, please let me know :)

I think 0 is sold out everywhere unfortunately...

Screenshot_2021-08-08-21-58-34-743_com.instagram.android.jpg

Enjoy!

View attachment 108085

Enjoy!

US link for the new album

US link for the new album

@parnell17 you may buy 0 in the Japanese shop, it looks available.

Not sure if you heard this but i just found out today - her album Hajiki Uta was reissued 2 months ago thru wewantsounds

Available on amazon too:
Amazon product ASIN B0BXT9K3KZ

Back