Toronto Weird Boys

I find the Banknote TENDS to be a more casual sports crowd however I've also never been there with the Raps in the finals so who knows, but I don't think it's generally peoples first or even second choice for watching. If it's nuts there's also the Foggy Dew down the street and if not that then also the Old York which is just down the street from both of them and definitely will not have a crowd as I don't think they have tvs, Foggy Dew and Old York have patios... Foggy Dew is not the greatest as it's kinda like a Fionn McCools but it's fine, lots of different beer and a few tvs for the game... Jason George is good but it's much farther east and it MAY be harder to find an alternate place over that way... But I'm open to more suggestions too. The Maverick has a big patio at Bathurst and King as well but it might be crazy. But anyhow, fair amount of choice around there... I think if we secure a spot at six on a Monday should be fine wherever we want to go...

Isn't there a multi-level Firkin somewhere around there ?

Isn't there a multi-level Firkin somewhere around there ?
Yep a few blocks east, Firkins aren't usually my first choice but that's another option for sure. I actually bet it might be busier than the Banknote due to the game. There's also Belfast Love across the street. Lots of options in that area...

Man, what a bunch of Firkin haters. I know.. I hate myself for typing that out too. I'm really just unfamiliar with the area as so much has changed since I used to hang out down there. Had a first aid course at that firkin so it's why it came to mind. Man, downtown has changed so much over the last 10-15 years and generally not in a good way.

Man, what a bunch of Firkin haters. I know.. I hate myself for typing that out too. I'm really just unfamiliar with the area as so much has changed since I used to hang out down there. Had a first aid course at that firkin so it's why it came to mind. Man, downtown has changed so much over the last 10-15 years and generally not in a good way.
I lived at the corner of Bathurst and King from 2002 till 2016 and worked at The Underground Garage at King and Peter for about 7 years of that so I'm still pretty up on the places around there. We won't have a problem getting in anywhere if we go at 6ish, lots and lots of options that are cool spots. It has changed a lot but honestly from when I moved there till now, I'll take the destruction of the scuzzy "Entertainment District" around John and Richmond in exchange for the restaurant and bar sprawl that happened down King... that being said I did move away from there partly because it just became too much every night to live in party central...

I lived at the corner of Bathurst and King from 2002 till 2016 and worked at The Underground Garage at King and Peter for about 7 years of that so I'm still pretty up on the places around there. We won't have a problem getting in anywhere if we go at 6ish, lots and lots of options that are cool spots. It has changed a lot but honestly from when I moved there till now, I'll take the destruction of the scuzzy "Entertainment District" around John and Richmond in exchange for the restaurant and bar sprawl that happened down King... that being said I did move away from there partly because it just became too much every night to live in party central...

I used to work right at King and University and then Queen and Peter around 2002-2003.. much preferred those areas then.. especially that area of Queen West when it had character.. now it's just a corporate wasteland.

I used to work right at King and University and then Queen and Peter around 2002-2003.. much preferred those areas then.. especially that area of Queen West when it had character.. now it's just a corporate wasteland.
I like King better now, but yes Queen West is just a mall spread over 5 blocks. I still miss the Bamboo sooooo much.

Ok guys let's figure this out. This is slightly complicated by the fact that the Raps could win the title tonight and the city could go fucking apeshit. Given that, I have a strong preference to stay out of the core. My votes: Bank Note, Old York, Monarch (because I will always vote for Monarch). What's everyone else's preference? @Mather @BattleFlag @BjorgenFjorgen @Clint Howard

Ok guys let's figure this out. This is slightly complicated by the fact that the Raps could win the title tonight and the city could go fucking apeshit. Given that, I have a strong preference to stay out of the core. My votes: Bank Note, Old York, Monarch (because I will always vote for Monarch). What's everyone else's preference? @Mather @BattleFlag @BjorgenFjorgen @Clint Howard
I love the Monarch and Old York but I also love the ability to watch the game so I'm gunna stick with Banknote and the ability to get out of dodge quick if they win by jumping on the Bathurst streetcar north...

Yeah I agree, I definitely think Front and Jarvis is a no-go. Would even the Bank Note not be a little too downtown? If @BattleFlag is near City Hall he could easily grab a subway somewhere a little further up. I probably vote Monarch, too.

Let's do it. @BattleFlag , the place we're going now is off College Street, just west of Bathurst (and near June and Soundscapes record shops, too). If you need directions or someone to come meet you somewhere, let me know. If you're near Nathan Phillips Square (I think that's what you said), you can take the subway from Osgoode or St. Patrick stations up to Queen's Park, and then get on the westbound College streetcar.

Back