This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

14. This voodoo spirit gives Charles Lee Ray a form of quasi-immortality. This album also features a musician who goes by their three names like a serial killer.

What is Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One?

The band also goes by the three names of Ira, Georgia, and James. Some people say this is because they're actually three different people, but I'm not so sure.

20231015_141931.jpg

October15The shoulda-been-dead-already killer in this movie franchise is a hooker. This album came out when the title of the movie hints.

What is I Know What You Did Last Summer (Chat Pile - God's Country)?

20231015_161526.jpg

Still a favorite from last year, released in late July 2022. Pressing? Good. Mastering? Subpar.

October16This film franchise is about people trying to beat death's plan, like not getting smashed by a log flying off a truck. This album features a musician who beat death's plan at least once.

What is Final Destination and who is Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode's "Ultra" (1997 Mute; 2017 reissue)?
Dave overdosed in 1996 and reportedly died for 2 minutes. It's amazing Ultra came out at all a year later and that the band is still at it to this day, but that is also the result of his efforts to clean himself up.

IMG_0499.JPG

October16This film franchise is about people trying to beat death's plan, like not getting smashed by a log flying off a truck. This album features a musician who beat death's plan at least once.

What is Final Destination?

This musician had a brain aneurysm while onstage in 1995, and thankfully survived. Who is Bill Berry?

What is R.E.M. ~ Automatic for the People

IMG_3997.jpeg

What is Final Destination (Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road)?

20231017_115628.jpg

Took an obscene level of Valium and dove into a pool, where someone saw him and dragged him out and needed to pump his chest. Survivor of prostate cancer. Also had to return to the hospital to treat an infection resulting from the surgery to clear out the aforementioned cancer.

What is Final Destination (Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road)?

View attachment 184806

Took an obscene level of Valium and dove into a pool, where someone saw him and dragged him out and needed to pump his chest. Survivor of prostate cancer. Also had to return to the hospital to treat an infection resulting from the surgery to clear out the aforementioned cancer.
I've been trying to find a good Japanese pressing of this the past few months. This album still hits hard for me after all these years.

October17This film franchise is built around a twisted form of gameified therapy. One of the musicians on this album has publically acknowledged their mental health issues.

What is I have no idea what the film is.

This artist was public about her depression and semi retirement from music, owning / running a coffee shop called Quitters for several years before returning and releasing this album.

What is Kathleen Edwards ~ Total Freedom

IMG_4019.jpeg

Day 16: This film franchise is about people trying to beat death's plan, like not getting smashed by a log flying off a truck. This album features a musician who beat death's plan at least once.

What is Final Destination?

What is “Tha Carter II” by Lil Wayne?

IMG_7368.jpeg

Wayne attempted suicide by shooting himself in the chest when he was 12 & suffered a number of supposedly codeine-induced seizures in 2012/13.

Back