This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

October31This question is uttered more on this day than any other throughout the year. This album includes songs fitting for how you answered the question.
Around @debianlinux & @nolalady's home, I believe around the question is "What is... Candy or a rock"
And I usually answer, "Back with another one of those block rockin' beats"
20231031_190626.jpg

Great challenge @Hemotep ! Helped me break in my needle and play some new records I got this month.

Day 31: This question is uttered more on this day than any other throughout the year. This album includes songs fitting for how you answered the question.
What is Trick or Treat?
What is 'A Trick of the Tail' by Genesis?
20231031_183800.jpg

Thanks for running this month, @Hemotep. It was a lot of fun, and possibly the first time I've finished one.

31. This question is uttered more on this day than any other throughout the year. This album includes songs fitting for how you answered the question.

First off, a big thanks to @Hemotep!

What is Wilco - Cousin?

I saw them live earlier this month and it was a treat... and I think I'll treat myself to this album on vinyl in the near future.

Screenshot_20231031_182544_Poweramp.jpg

Well I didn't finish my own challenge on time, but the last couple months I haven't been able to spin as much. With the wife laid off and looking for work, I don't get to spend my days working with the tunes on blast. But I still had a great time seeing all your excellent picks. I'm glad you had fun with my prompts and even the kind of obscure stuff was solved by our resident geniuses (Google detectives 🤫). Thank you for making my month a great one. And y'all should head on over to next month's challenge hosted by @Wes C. Attle. The first prompt made me audibly laugh so you know it's gonna be a great ride. Plus we get pifsgiving next month which is my favorite holiday. I want to see you all claiming more records this year. Fuck space, claim my shit, spin it, trade it in at the local, get something you'd rather have. Elton John for everyone!!!!

Back