This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

Hemotep

Inside a Curious Yellow with the Game Cat
Welcome Ghouls, Ghosts, and Goblins to our month of frights hosted by the ghost of Alex Trebek.

Standard Jeopardy rules apply, meaning that you must respond in the form of a question. Each answer clue will have two parts, as will your question. The first part will relate to our theme and the second to the album you play for the day. Some answer clues may have multiple right questions.

This is JEOPARDY! Halloween Edition.
October​
1​
This album predominantly features the same color on its cover (or wax variant) as this popular Halloween carving.​
October​
2​
This doctor assembled his monster from body parts belonging to other people, this album is by a band made up of members who typically belong to other bands.​
October​
3​
This vampire famously sucked blood to live forever, whereas this album is by a band that many people think just sucks and won't die.​
October​
4​
The band/musician who recorded this album comes from this same continent as the Creature from the Black Lagoon.​
October​
5​
This album/song is about the death of love, much like this wrapped up undead man who was only trying to resurect his ancient dead lover.​
October​
6​
This poor bitten fella transforms when the moon rises and the moon makes an appearance on this album.​
October​
7​
This circus film is about a woman marrying the leader of side-show performers for his money (it backfires), this album also features the theme of false love and/or manipulation.​
October​
8​
This guy operates on a different wavelength and becomes insane from the drugs that give him his power. Eventually the police hunt him. This album involves themes of drug use and either insanity or a police response.​
October​
9​
This movie features the famous line "Here's Johnny" and a musician on this album could say that everytime they walk on stage.​
October​
10​
This long running movie franchise is named after an unlucky date. This album/band also has a number in its name.​
October​
11​
This long running movie franchise largely takes place in the world of dreams. This album is either about a dream or a nightmare.​
October​
12​
This famous movie from the 70s features a sacriligious sex act and this album/band is also dismissive of religion.​
October​
13​
There are only a handfull of words spoken in this alien invasion film, this album largely lacks vocals.​
October​
14​
This voodoo spirit gives Charles Lee Ray a form of quasi-immortality. This album also features a musician who goes by their three names like a serial killer.​
October​
15​
The shoulda-been-dead-already killer in this movie franchise is a hooker. This album came out when the title of the movie hints.​
October​
16​
This film franchise is about people trying to beat death's plan, like not getting smashed by a log flying off a truck. This album features a musician who beat death's plan at least once.​
October​
17​
This film franchise is built around a twisted form of gameified therapy. One of the musicians on this album has publically acknowledged their mental health issues.​
October​
18​
One of the musicians on this album contributed to a song featured in this Samara Weaving movie.​
October​
19​
These two bad ass women have spent decades kicking ass and taking names in each of their respective franchises. This album is by a woman who is as accomplished as they are but in music.​
October​
20​
This genre defining 1999 horror film combined form and function to achieve its effect. This lo-fi album likewise would not have the same effect on the listener had it been heavily produced.​
October​
21​
This franchise film series passed the baton to a new generation of victims led by the original killer's daughter and this album is by a band that was featured on one of their soundtracks.​
October​
22​
Halloween originated in this country, as did the band who recorded this album.​
October​
23​
This family's annual tribute to Halloween is called Treehouse of Horror, and this band/muscian has made a guest appearance on their show.​
October​
24​
This N&G member goes as a Stormtrooper…every single year…for Halloween and this album is by a band from the same country.​
October​
25​
This band summons The Blind One in this movie of the same name, and this album is in a genre that the band members would love.​
October​
26​
This film is named after a board game that features racist caricatures and comedically plays on the racial tropes of American horror movies that tend to focus on white people. This album features some commentary on the racial disparities in America.​
October​
27​
This late 90s Japanese film about a cursed videotape also had a successful American remake, this album also has ties to Japan.​
October​
28​
This Parisian filmaker's last two full length films have plunged viewers into sharp social commentary of the expectations placed on women's bodies and sexuality, using both canibalism and auto-fetish. This album also deals with topics of gender and sexual norms.​
October​
29​
This Polish muscian, who died at 37, composed a score for this famous 1968 flim, directed by a sex offender, in a genre not typically associated with horror films. This album is also in this genre.​
October​
30​
This album is associated with the name of this pre-holiday eve, which was historically associated with arson and vandalism particularly in the Detroit area.​
October​
31​
This question is uttered more on this day than any other throughout the year. This album includes songs fitting for how you answered the question.​

Last edited:
Jack-o-lantern.jpg

young-frankenstein.jpg
320px-Bela_lugosi_dracula.jpg

south-america-map.jpg

e7e62b41f0374e0816f962a951b7be383d62f3b0.jpg

The-Wolf-Man.jpg

l-intro-1662477245.jpg
theinvisibleman1933.79365.jpg

MV5BMTg0MzkzODUwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODM1MjEwNDI@._V1_.jpg

friday-the-13th-blockbuster-i112337.jpg

Last edited:
I've always wanted to go audition, but never tried.

You have to take an online test, then from that they chose people for the auditions, where you do another test and some of the behind-the-scenes employees talk to you a bit. Come to think about it, it's been long enough so I can try again- maybe the third time's the charm.

As someone who has twice made it to auditions for Jeopardy but never got the call up to the big leagues, I will have to work through my trauma and participate in this month's sweet challenge.

I'll also add that I'm totally joking about being sad that I didn't make it onto the show- I'm probably more nervous to actually do it!

I'll also add that I'm totally joking about being sad that I didn't make it onto the show- I'm probably more nervous to actually do it!
A professor at my old school was on and won a couple days, which admittedly intimidated me and may have played a small part in not trying harder with it, lol

Back