This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

October13There are only a handfull of words spoken in this alien invasion film, this album largely lacks vocals.

What is No One Will Save You* and what is Ikebe Shakedown's "The Way Home" (2017 Colemine)?
*This film is a new release, so I don't know if it's the intended question, but it completely fits the answer. Ikebe Shakedown's The Way Home includes a couple song titles that could fit well with an alien invasion theme, like "Supermoon", "Blue Giant", "Assassin", "The Ally" and "Out Of The Shadows".

IMG_0496.JPG

October13There are only a handfull of words spoken in this alien invasion film, this album largely lacks vocals.

This song regularly stretched to over 20 minutes, and features only two short verses and two short choruses and can be considered a journey into A Quiet Place. What is Dark Star?

What is Grateful Dead ~ Live / Dead

IMG_3926.jpeg

What is No One Will Save You* and what is Ikebe Shakedown's "The Way Home" (2017 Colemine)?
*This film is a new release, so I don't know if it's the intended question, but it completely fits the answer. Ikebe Shakedown's The Way Home includes a couple song titles that could fit well with an alien invasion theme, like "Supermoon", "Blue Giant", "Assassin", "The Ally" and "Out Of The Shadows".

View attachment 184558
Yes! I thought it was fantastic and had to include it in the hopes that more people would hear about it on here. It was such an unexpected approach to the genre and visually it pulled me.

What is "No one will save you". This is Blockhead - Music By Cavelight. A classic instrumental hip hop album that does have vocals but just samples here and there - majority of it is instrumental.

20231013_135605.jpg

October 11
This long running movie franchise largely takes place in the world of dreams. This album is either about a dream or a nightmare.

Mr. Sardonicus is a 1961 horror movie from William Castle, where a man whose face has become frozen in a horrifying grin while robbing his father’s grave to obtain a winning lottery ticket and the Doctor who is coerced into treating him.

"Risus sardonicus" is a medical term where sustained spasms of the facial muscles appears to produce grinning. Usually it's a sign of tetanus.

Spirit – Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus
Epic – KE 30267, 1973

Pressed at Columbia, Terre Haute

XDUjhd.jpg

l0dOqM.jpg

October 11
This long running movie franchise largely takes place in the world of dreams. This album is either about a dream or a nightmare.

Mr. Sardonicus is a 1961 horror movie from William Castle, where a man whose face has become frozen in a horrifying grin while robbing his father’s grave to obtain a winning lottery ticket and the Doctor who is coerced into treating him.

"Risus sardonicus" is a medical term where sustained spasms of the facial muscles appears to produce grinning. Usually it's a sign of tetanus.

Spirit – Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus
Epic – KE 30267, 1973

Pressed at Columbia, Terre Haute

XDUjhd.jpg

l0dOqM.jpg

Just played this today! Such a great record

October14This voodoo spirit gives Charles Lee Ray a form of quasi-immortality. This album also features a musician who goes by their three names like a serial killer.

I guess I should use the spoiler function like everyone else...

Who is Chucky from Child's Play and who is David Lee Roth of Van Halen's "1984" (1984 Warner Brothers; 2019 reissue)?

IMG_0497.JPG

October14This voodoo spirit gives Charles Lee Ray a form of quasi-immortality. This album also features a musician who goes by their three names like a serial killer.

What is Damballa (David Bowie -  Blackstar)?

View attachment 184652

The Thin White Duke, Aladdin Sane, Ziggy, among a few others.
ccabcec1-12b9-4d52-a93b-cc6f9f9f5a66_text.gif

Back