This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

I don't know her music all that well, but I really enjoyed the visually stunning music movie thing she put out with her last album.
This is the only album i really know - and tbh, i only really checked it out because it was produced by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross!
Before that all I know of her was that chainsmokers song. It's a fantastic album though!

Day 18: One of the musicians on this album contributed to a song featured in this Samara Weaving movie.

What is Scream VI? Looking at who was on the soundtrack, I’m going with that one.

What is “TA13OO” by Denzel Curry?

IMG_7375.jpeg

Denzel Curry & Billie Eilish (who has an uncredited feature on “SIRENS | Z1RENZ”) both contributed songs to that soundtrack, neither of which are on this album tho.

October19These two bad ass women have spent decades kicking ass and taking names in each of their respective franchises. This album is by a woman who is as accomplished as they are but in music.

Who are Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigourney Weaver and who is Janis Joplin as heard on "I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama!" (1969 CBD; 2007 Speakers Corner)

IMG_0504.JPG

October19These two bad ass women have spent decades kicking ass and taking names in each of their respective franchises. This album is by a woman who is as accomplished as they are but in music.

This band is fronted by 72 year old Chrissie Hynde (who continues to kick ass and take names) performed at the Ohana Festival 2 weeks ago and was easily one of my favorite sets of the weekend.

What is The Pretenders ~ Learning To Crawl

IMG_4038.jpeg

IMG_3706.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 20: This genre defining 1999 horror film combined form and function to achieve its effect. This lo-fi album likewise would not have the same effect on the listener had it been heavily produced.

What is The Blair Witch Project?

Also, what is “There’s a Riot Goin’ On” by Sly & the Family Stone?

IMG_7379.jpeg

I don’t have much in the way of lo-fi music, but I feel this fits. I love how gritty this album sounds, with the tape hiss & primitive drum machines.

Who are... Jamie Lee Curtis and Neve Campbell. This is Rihanna with her album Anti. I believe she has the title of the richest musician currently - which doesn't always mean accomplishment in music but IMO, she sure is! At the very least she's kicking ass!

20231020_114832.jpg

October20This genre defining 1999 horror film combined form and function to achieve its effect. This lo-fi album likewise would not have the same effect on the listener had it been heavily produced.

This album was originally released in a version with more production and arrangements. This lo-fi version of the demos is just a little better and more intimate to my ears.

What Is Iron & Wine ~ Archive Series Volume 4 ~ The Shepherd's Dog Demos

IMG_4052.jpeg

October20This genre defining 1999 horror film combined form and function to achieve its effect. This lo-fi album likewise would not have the same effect on the listener had it been heavily produced.

This album was originally released in a version with more production and arrangements. This lo-fi version of the demos is just a little better and more intimate to my ears.

What Is Iron & Wine ~ Archive Series Volume 4 ~ The Shepherd's Dog Demos

View attachment 185051

I really hope this gets reissued some day. Or that I can find a copy for under $100 sometime. It's one of very few Iron & Wine releases my wife doesn't have, and the one I personally want most of the ones she doesn't.

What is The Blair Witch Project and what is Frankie and The Witch Fingers' "Brain Telephone" (2017 Greenway; 2021 reissue)?
[Cackle cackle cackle]....

IMG_0505.JPG

Back