This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

5. This album/song is about the death of love, much like this wrapped up undead man who was only trying to resurrect his ancient dead lover.

What is Sufjan Stevens - Javelin?

My vinyl copy is still on its way, and the coming holiday means I'll be waiting a bit longer (freakin' Columbus)... this album fits in a tragically literal way- yesterday Sufjan shared that this album is dedicated to his late partner Evans Richardson, who passed away in April. Now, a lot of us who never knew Richardson will at least have a window into how much he was loved and how much he is missed.

Screenshot_20231007_162137_Poweramp.jpg

October7This circus film is about a woman marrying the leader of side-show performers for his money (it backfires), this album also features the theme of false love and/or manipulation.

What is Fetch the Bolt Cutters - Fiona Apple

Kick me under the table all you want, I won't shut up, I won't shut up.

IMG_5755.JPG

October7This circus film is about a woman marrying the leader of side-show performers for his money (it backfires), this album also features the theme of false love and/or manipulation.

What is Fetch the Bolt Cutters - Fiona Apple

Kick me under the table all you want, I won't shut up, I won't shut up.

View attachment 184143
I listened to this earlier today too!

October 7 - This circus film is about a woman marrying the leader of side-show performers for his money (it backfires), this album also features the theme of false love and/or manipulation.

I'm running into a problem where I can't find some of my albums because I don't have the shelf space and they're all over now. So I'm resorting to streaming this today.

What is Freaks?

What is Self Esteem on The Offspring - Smash?

TheOffspringSmashalbumcover.jpg

7. This circus film is about a woman marrying the leader of side-show performers for his money (it backfires), this album also features the theme of false love and/or manipulation.

What is Lush - Spooky?

A lot of the songs are about love gone wrong, but the single "For Love" fits the theme especially well, starting as happy and optimistic before revealing there was deception and disappointment.

20231008_094936.jpg

October 5
This album/song is about the death of love, much like this wrapped up undead man who was only trying to resurrect his ancient dead lover.

I really only picked this one because of the title and to catch up.

Halford – Resurrection
Century Media/Metal-is Records – 19439881691, 2000/2022

2 LP cut at 45 RPM

Numbered/Limited to 300 on Cobalt & Silver Swirl, #125

Pressed at MRP/GZ

9CGQ64.jpg

Lc45da.jpg

October8This guy operates on a different wavelength and becomes insane from the drugs that give him his power. Eventually the police hunt him. This album involves themes of drug use and either insanity or a police response.

Who is Scarface and what is "Bleed Out" by The Mountain Goats (2022 Merge)?
It's only fitting that I play this on @Hemotep 's challenge, since I discovered it because he played it last month on my vinyl spin challenge. Proves once again that one cannot escape The Cthulhu. The albums alludes to drug use and is all about police response,

IMG_0491.JPG

What is Freak (Angel Olsen -  All Mirrors)?

20231008_141051.jpg

From the opener "Lark":

🎵 Wishing we could only find one another 🎵
🎵 All we've done here is blind one another 🎵
🎵 Hate can't live in this heart here forever 🎵
🎵 Have to learn how to make it together 🎵

October8This guy operates on a different wavelength and becomes insane from the drugs that give him his power. Eventually the police hunt him. This album involves themes of drug use and either insanity or a police response.

Who is Scarface (The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico)?

20231008_141831.jpg

"Heroin"...

Who is Scarface and what is "Bleed Out" by The Mountain Goats (2022 Merge)?
It's only fitting that I play this on @Hemotep 's challenge, since I discovered it because he played it last month on my vinyl spin challenge. Proves once again that one cannot escape The Cthulhu. The albums alludes to drug use and is all about police response,

View attachment 184184
It's such a great album by them too! And the tentacles reach through the veil everywhere.

October8 - This guy operates on a different wavelength and becomes insane from the drugs that give him his power. Eventually the police hunt him. This album involves themes of drug use and either insanity or a police response.

Who is The Invisible Man?

What is Steppenwolf 7 featuring Snowblind Friend?
Screenshot_2023-10-08-18-36-56-80_4a808d795e22c35ddff3ce3b406eb72d.jpg

October8 - This guy operates on a different wavelength and becomes insane from the drugs that give him his power. Eventually the police hunt him. This album involves themes of drug use and either insanity or a police response.

Who is The Invisible Man?

What is Steppenwolf 7 featuring Snowblind Friend?
View attachment 184188

Dammit got the question wrong. Scarface 1932 kind of still fits though.

Back