This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

October7This circus film is about a woman marrying the leader of side-show performers for his money (it backfires), this album also features the theme of false love and/or manipulation.
What is... "Freaks" This is Ctrl by Sza. A lot of this album is about manipulation / cheating / false love in her relationships and learning from it.
20231008_223155.jpg

October 6 -
This poor bitten fella transforms when the moon rises and the moon makes an appearance on this album.

I have no idea when/where I got this...probably on some thrift store run back in the day. I haven't listened to it in ages.

Slovenly – We Shoot For The Moon
SST Records – SST 209, 1989

Cut by John Golden at K Disc
Pressed at Rainbo

tCau7FI.jpg

01CeGCX.jpg

8. This guy operates on a different wavelength and becomes insane from the drugs that give him his power. Eventually the police hunt him. This album involves themes of drug use and either insanity or a police response.

The answer is obviously "Who is the Green Goblin?"

Talking Heads - Fear of Music

Closing track - "Drugs."

20231009_093849.jpg

October8This guy operates on a different wavelength and becomes insane from the drugs that give him his power. Eventually the police hunt him. This album involves themes of drug use and either insanity or a police response.

What is 30 Days in the Hole by Humble Pie?
It covers the drugs and the po-po.

IMG_5780.JPG

Back