This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

I'll participate; haven't been involved in one of these monthly challenges in about half a year. I'm not much a Jeopardy fan at all but...

October1This album predominantly features the same color on its cover (or wax variant) as this popular Halloween carving.

What is a jack o lantern (Boards of Canada -  Geogaddi)?
20231001_150703.jpg

Last edited:
1. This album predominantly features the same color on its cover (or wax variant) as this popular Halloween carving.

What is "Is this orange enough for you, huh?!"

And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - Source Tags & Codes

Plus, we have a band name fitting for spooky season.

20231001_162624.jpg

Gonna do my best to participate again since it's been a few months...I also need some way to motivate myself to play some of these albums that I haven't spun and are just accumulating.

October 1 -
This album predominantly features the same color on its cover (or wax variant) as this popular Halloween carving.

I think this one has enough orange in the artwork and vinyl color to qualify...
Fans of shoegaze/dream pop may like this one, but it's my first time listening to it myself.

Precocious Neophyte – Home In The Desert
Graveface Records – GRAVE182, 2022/2023

Yellow Translucent w/ Orange Blob / Red And Black Splatter variant - Graveface Record Club edition
Limited/numbered to 200, #11

Pressed at GZ

LreI5O8.jpg

86EfBM5.jpg

hVUgubR.jpg

October 2 -
This doctor assembled his monster from body parts belonging to other people, this album is by a band made up of members who typically belong to other bands.

Greg Puciato - The Dillinger Escape Plan
Max Cavalera - Sepultura / Soulfly
Troy Sanders - Mastodon
Original Drummer - David Elitch - Mars Volta and other bands, more of a session/touring drummer
Current Drummer - Ben Koller - Converge

Killer Be Killed – Killer Be Killed
Nuclear Blast – 3255-1, 2014/2021

Blue and White Pinwheel variant limited to 1500
2 x 45 RPM

Pressed at GZ

WcSYO7n.jpg

gjvfBQ6.jpg

They have only released 2 albums as all the bands they are in are pretty busy on their own.

Last edited:
Back