This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

2. This doctor assembled his monster from body parts belonging to other people, this album is by a band made up of members who typically belong to other bands.

Who is Victor Frankenstein?

What is Above by Mad Season, featuring members of Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees and The Walkabouts?
20231002_101554.jpg

October 2
This doctor assembled his monster from body parts belonging to other people, this album is by a band made up of members who typically belong to other bands.

Who is Dr. Frankenstein?

Who are Box Car Racer?

When I first got this and spun it, I decided that it didn't really click anymore and I put it in the maybe trade pile. This time I'm enjoying it, so idk, I'm inconsistent with my tastes and I figured no one else would play this so it was a safe pick. Made up of Blink 121.33, a member of Hazen St., and a tattoo artist.
IMG20231002134025.jpg

Day 02: I’ll take “Supergroups” for $200 Alex.
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 10.08.20 AM.png
What is Golden Smog - Weird Tales
IMG_7623.jpeg
A boozy, side-project covers band that gradually evolved into a kind of roots rock supergroup, Golden Smog was a loosely affiliated unit comprised, at various times, of members of Soul Asylum, the Replacements, Wilco, the Jayhawks, Run Westy Run, and the Honeydogs.

October 2
This doctor assembled his monster from body parts belonging to other people, this album is by a band made up of members who typically belong to other bands.

Who are Lucky, Otis, Charlie T., lefty, and Nelson Wilbury? What is The Traveling Wilburys ~ Volume 1?

View attachment 183717
This was my first thought. Glad someone played it!

2. This doctor assembled his monster from body parts belonging to other people, this album is by a band made up of members who typically belong to other bands.

Who is Victor Frankenstein?

What is Above by Mad Season, featuring members of Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees and The Walkabouts?
View attachment 183703
I didn't see your post, and chose this as well. Took the photo at 1:20pm and had to run out on an errand. Just got back and was going to post this, but you beat me to it. Back to the drawing board....

Day 2: This doctor assembled his monster from body parts belonging to other people, this album is by a band made up of members who typically belong to other bands.

if you were to combine one of The Byrds, one of The Hollies and the ashes of Buffalo Springfield

What is “So Far” by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young?

IMG_7300.jpeg

Last edited:

What is Asia, featuring John Wetton (King Crimson), Steve Howe (Yes), Geoff Downes (The Buggles) and Carl Palmer (ELP)?
Asia was the first "supergroup" that I ever saw live in concert. I was in high school, and saw them at Yale University just before they skyrocketed in popularity. Caught Carl Palmer's drumstick at that show.

1696272671705.jpeg

October2This doctor assembled his monster from body parts belonging to other people, this album is by a band made up of members who typically belong to other bands.

Who is Victor Frankenstein (Harmonia - Deluxe)?

20231002_165142.jpg

Michael Rother [Neu!] with Hans-Joachim Roedelius and Dieter Moebius [Cluster] comprises Harmonia.

October3This vampire famously sucked blood to live forever, whereas this album is by a band that many people think just sucks and won't die.

Who is Count Dracula (Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream)?

20231003_051856.jpg

This band post-90s has had a rough go, for the most part. Some fans love MACHINA / The Machines of God, while I think it is fine. Their latest horror ATUM is a synthpop-rock-opera-concept slushie full of pretentious lyricism and poor production. I listened to it a few months ago, and I wish I didn't, but wasted no time throwing it to the "🤮" tier it rightfully belongs in. Please make it stop, Billy Corgan.

October 2

Who are Lucky, Otis, Charlie T., lefty, and Nelson Wilbury? What is The Traveling Wilburys ~ Volume 1?

View attachment 183717
This was my first thought until I saw Transplants sitting right to the left of it alphabetically.
October 3
This vampire famously sucked blood to live forever, whereas this album is by a band that many people think just sucks and won't die.

Who was Dracula?

Who were Limp Bizkit?

Knew it had to be this one....

View attachment 183764
And this is what I was gonna play today after the discourse in the nu-metal/preorder thread. I'm sure I have PLENTY others to pick from that other people think sucks.

Back