Third Man Records Vault

Ok question time people! I have the Raconteurs most recent album and really enjoy it, just superb music. Im a real novice when it comes to them other thank knowing 'Steady as she goes' and a few of their more popular songs.

This Vault set sounds like a good way to become more familiar with them in one single set, would that be a fair statement looking at the track list?

I also love live recordings (when they are done right) so I am tempted by this, although the price is eye-watering.

Spot on mate. I'd have to say they're even better live after seeing them recently for the first time. They've had live vault packages in the past and they're all good, Live in London, At TMR and their arguably their best live set, at the Ryman Auditorium (Vault 18).

Last edited:
So I was charged $60 in August when I first signed up after they announced the White Stripes Vault and I just got charged another $65 last week. Is that right?

So I was charged $60 in August when I first signed up after they announced the White Stripes Vault and I just got charged another $65 last week. Is that right?

Yes. The price increased and you get charged quarterly. I’m sure if you contact them and ask to cancel they’ll take care of you though.

Your quarterly charge. Aug - Nov is 3 months so it may have auto-renewed and you'll be getting the Racs vault package, which looks really nice. You can probably re-align the charges to coincide more with the actual release announcements so you are able to cancel if you don't like the release. I jump in and out with them all the time depending on what's coming out, which will apparently cost me $5 extra now since I won't commit for a year when I don't know what I'm getting.

Well, I'll definitely be the last to get this one!

"We are shipping this package in reverse alphabetical order (Z-A) by FIRST NAME."

While this set is nice...I think that 2 records and a DVD is a bit weak.

It should have also come with a nice copy of the original album, too. And something else for the 60 bucks.

While this set is nice...I think that 2 records and a DVD is a bit weak.

It should have also come with a nice copy of the original album, too. And something else for the 60 bucks.
Yeah, the last several packages have been subpar. I thought the Captain Beefheart set was worth it and the Consolers of the Lonely was deluxe enough that I could justify it...since then, I've been disappointed and have cancelled going forward unless something comes out that really piques my interest.

Yeah, the last several packages have been subpar. I thought the Captain Beefheart set was worth it and the Consolers of the Lonely was deluxe enough that I could justify it...since then, I've been disappointed and have cancelled going forward unless something comes out that really piques my interest.

Yeah. I cancelled yesterday. I only joined for the Sleep set. But most of the stuff since I haven't really cared much for. I don't think I'm going to miss out by cancelling.

Yeah. I cancelled yesterday. I only joined for the Sleep set. But most of the stuff since I haven't really cared much for. I don't think I'm going to miss out by cancelling.
You can always dip in easily if they announce something you want, but given the releases there is no valid justification for the price increase. Sleep didn't do much for me, but one of my buddies loved it so it worked out for everyone.

My Vault 42 is en route and it's also going to be my last one for now. Not really interested on a Raconteurs live triple album.

I agree - they should have included a remastered version of the album (plus outtakes and either the DVD or the Raleigh show on vinyl - since we already got a 99 show in the Live In Detroit package). That being said it’s still a nice package, the book is cool, no complaints from me. Looking forward to the next Racs set.

Back