Third Man Records Vault

I guess it depends upon how much value you put on the albums/packages they have been putting out. I will hold my hands up to being a casual Third Man fan, so the price they originally set was at the high end for me as it was, combine this with the fact that I can no longer choose if I want the next vault package or not then im not comfortable paying anymore.
I think it’s either pay more than the original price ($65 per quarter to do it the way we have been) or lose the ability to opt in/out on a package by package basis (if you commit to the full year you pay the same price as we have been).

No way am I subscribing to a year, definitely going to be in and out on these quarterly. The consistency of the package is a little too up and down to do a year of it for $240

The price has never increased before and I first signed up in July of 2008. I think everything else I’ve subscribed for over that time has increased in price.

I figured something from this tour would be coming. It’s a great tour but not sure I need this package. Although their set changes nightly so this captures things missed.
I just noticed that the announcement says "and more!" at the bottom of the LP track list. They don't even have all the songs chosen yet from these shows that took place less than a month ago. Why are they announcing these so early now?

I just noticed that the announcement says "and more!" at the bottom of the LP track list. They don't even have all the songs chosen yet from these shows that took place less than a month ago. Why are they announcing these so early now?
Not sure. Maybe since the tour is wrapping up? Glad they are including the intimate set at TMR since I missed out! That may be the thing that gets me.

They announced it at the beginning of the charge period since the price has increased.

I can't think of an overwhelming reason why I need to own this just yet, but I now have a few weeks up my sleeve to work on that.

Feel free to help me out...

Did you see the Racs on this tour? They kicked ass.

Yeah, I was super fortunate to see them at the Byron Bay Blues Festival (Australia) in April this year. It was the first time they ever toured Australia and also their first tour anywhere in the world since 2011. It was just the JW fix I'd been craving since he's Blunderbuss tour in 2012. Huge fan of Benson as well.

[I can feel myself reaching for the plastic card] :)

Ok question time people! I have the Raconteurs most recent album and really enjoy it, just superb music. Im a real novice when it comes to them other thank knowing 'Steady as she goes' and a few of their more popular songs.

This Vault set sounds like a good way to become more familiar with them in one single set, would that be a fair statement looking at the track list?

I also love live recordings (when they are done right) so I am tempted by this, although the price is eye-watering.

kind of hard to say since they haven't released a full track listing, but looking at the sets for the shows, they're pretty much hit on a lot of the same stuff night to night so I think it'll be solid. not sure if i'll reup for this one yet or not - the Racs are my least favorite of Jack's projects.

Ok question time people! I have the Raconteurs most recent album and really enjoy it, just superb music. Im a real novice when it comes to them other thank knowing 'Steady as she goes' and a few of their more popular songs.

This Vault set sounds like a good way to become more familiar with them in one single set, would that be a fair statement looking at the track list?

I also love live recordings (when they are done right) so I am tempted by this, although the price is eye-watering.
Well we haven't seen the whole track list yet - what we have seen is mostly new songs and the older standards that you probably know already. But I think no matter how it shakes out, given that you already have the latest record it seems like the simpler way to get familiar with them would be to just get the two prior albums, which would cost you less than the Vault set.

Well we haven't seen the whole track list yet - what we have seen is mostly new songs and the older standards that you probably know already. But I think no matter how it shakes out, given that you already have the latest record it seems like the simpler way to get familiar with them would be to just get the two prior albums, which would cost you less than the Vault set.
Thanks, I think I'm in a similar boat as Selaws - interested, but the price point is a little more than I would pay as a casual interest. The packages always seem to look very nice, I always take a look but haven't pulled the trigger yet on a Vault set.

Back