Third Man Records Vault

I'm not a White Stripes or Jack White fan. (ducks for cover from bullets)

I think it's either that I hung out with a lot of indie bands in the early 2000's that despised the White Stripes or that the lyrics/hooks often feel like they're not up to par with the stuff I tend to like.

I have, however, gotten 4 or 5 Third Man Vault subscription records and they've all been great and well worth the price. This is one of those clubs I monitor and only occasionally dip into. The Sleeps record almost hooked me back in, but I stayed strong.

Regardless, I'm always very happily surprised by what this club puts out and stalk this thread to stay up to date with what the most recent releases are.

The only TMR pressing I have is the Vault edition of Boarding House Reach, and it is sincerely exceptional. It stands out in my mind as one of the cleanest pressings I have.

But as they continue to push more volume, I could see QC issues progressively creeping in. Nature of the beast it seems and only a few plants seem to be really good at avoiding it.

’Im a huge Jack White fan but I agree. Both this and the previous Raconteurs album I feel have been subpar QC-wise especially considering the price. Alot of cleaning needed upon arrival and a good amount of crackling and pops.

Im going to give this record a good amount of listens to decide if I need a replacement, since they only give you two weeks and I missed that window last time

Last edited:
I'm not a White Stripes or Jack White fan. (ducks for cover from bullets)

I think it's either that I hung out with a lot of indie bands in the early 2000's that despised the White Stripes or that the lyrics/hooks often feel like they're not up to par with the stuff I tend to like.

I have, however, gotten 4 or 5 Third Man Vault subscription records and they've all been great and well worth the price. This is one of those clubs I monitor and only occasionally dip into. The Sleeps record almost hooked me back in, but I stayed strong.

Regardless, I'm always very happily surprised by what this club puts out and stalk this thread to stay up to date with what the most recent releases are.
So you don't dig the Stripes...do you go for Har Mar?

Back