Third Man Records Vault

Thinking about grabbing one off of ebay. I've just RECENTLY been lovin' Jack White's music. This album especially has peaked my interest. I've been listening to a lot of White stripes in the background while playing Borderlands. It just makes sense to me. :)

Thinking about grabbing one off of ebay. I've just RECENTLY been lovin' Jack White's music. This album especially has peaked my interest. I've been listening to a lot of White stripes in the background while playing Borderlands. It just makes sense to me. :)

Welcome my friend!

I ended up running to my local shop (rattleback records in Andersonville). They had the indie variant! I was happy to grab it. If you're local to Chicago, you should totally check them out. Great store with lots of goodies and friendly folks.

Did any Aussies get the album as The Saboteurs?

No band name info on this one, or on the last Racs LP. My guess is that is precisely the reason why. Consolers of the Lonely only had a sticker with the band name on the shrink. Sadly. Or happily, as it was one less Aussie rekkid to track down.

I ended up running to my local shop (rattleback records in Andersonville). They had the indie variant! I was happy to grab it. If you're local to Chicago, you should totally check them out. Great store with lots of goodies and friendly folks.
Nice! I haven't been there, but have frequented Reckless and Laurie's Planet of Sound. I'm further north in the burbs so my closest shop is Hip Cat Records. If I'm in Andersonville, I'll be sure to hit that one up.

Okay one other question for ya'll about these pressings. So far I have been very unimpressed with the quality of vinyl presses that TMR has put out. Except for the Sleep Vault box every other pressing I've heard from TMR has been pretty shoddy. Lots of pops and crackle, warps etc... I returned both JLH Detroit Sessions RSD standard black edition albums because they sounded so awful, also the dirtiest new records I've ever opened. Have they gotten better with this stuff? I'm already seeing people saying this current Raconteurs Vault Box is a dodgy/poppy pressing too. Opinions? Anyone with a fussy hifi setup like mine?
The only TMR pressing I have is the Vault edition of Boarding House Reach, and it is sincerely exceptional. It stands out in my mind as one of the cleanest pressings I have.

But as they continue to push more volume, I could see QC issues progressively creeping in. Nature of the beast it seems and only a few plants seem to be really good at avoiding it.

The only TMR pressing I have is the Vault edition of Boarding House Reach, and it is sincerely exceptional. It stands out in my mind as one of the cleanest pressings I have.

But as they continue to push more volume, I could see QC issues progressively creeping in. Nature of the beast it seems and only a few plants seem to be really good at avoiding it.
I wouldn't worry. Vault pressings are all done in house now at the Third Man plant in Detroit. They do a ton of test pressings and that place is immaculate.

Oh really? I googled it after you said that and came up empty as well. Saw a vague mention of something being under it on reddit but no confirmation either way.

So this picture is with the lenticular cover removed. But under that is like a white film that needs to be peeled away. You can see where they started to peel it in the center you can see some red/black behind it. IIRC The snake is red/black and is sort of smack dab in the middle there.

GBMS.jpg

So this picture is with the lenticular cover removed. But under that is like a white film that needs to be peeled away. You can see where they started to peel it in the center you can see some red/black behind it. IIRC The snake is red/black and is sort of smack dab in the middle there.

View attachment 8792
I still laugh to this day that someone got a copy that said "Get Behind Me Stan" on the spine:

Back