The Waxhole: Speakeasy & Whisk(e)y Lounge

The other night me and a friend shared a bottle of rum. The man who sold and recommended it to us was very insistent that we drank it neat WITHOUT ice which he described being a hangable offence. So that's what we did. Didn't quite finish the bottle but we had a good go.

IMG_20190815_225600.jpgIMG_20190816_134528.jpg

The other night me and a friend shared a bottle of rum. The man who sold and recommended it to us was very insistent that we drank it neat WITHOUT ice which he described being a hangable offence. So that's what we did. Didn't quite finish the bottle but we had a good go.

View attachment 14701View attachment 14702

I just picked up a bottle of this a few weeks back! I am not a rum person at all but this stuff is delicious. Smooth, gently spiced brown sugar.

Quite impressed.

I had to leave the lagavullin alone at the airport tonight because I’d promised my dad 2 bottles of champagne and could only fit 2 bottles in the permitted 1 bag of booze to carry on the plane. Next time!

Heading to a big scotch tasting tonight that I'm really excited about and I've got tomorrow booked off to rest. It's at a liquor store with 3 floors and they fill the place with tasting stations and some food. And it's all you can drink, they give you a glass when you walk in and you go for whatever you want.

Edit: picked up a Captain's Reserve Glenlivet, Bowmore 15, and Glenfarclas 12

Last edited:
Snagged this when I got home:
3CA0B7E4-9D9D-4CD0-A07B-0A885AB55CE7.jpeg
I know Bourbon from outside of Kentucky is... well... not really Bourbon. But i do like to support local. This is the stout cask finished.

it was bottled here in Durham but distilled in Indiana? What the hey? Oh well. It’s not bad, not great. There was a sherry casked as well, will probably try that at some point as well.

it could use a few more years of aging.

Last edited:
I picked up a Red and Yellow Spot last year in your lovely city. Both have been very nice.

Reminds me I need to get another bottle of Powers Gold soon as I have almost killed this bottle off today. [had to edit that since I have added several ounces to my never empty coffee mug today]

The gf went to bed early so I’m up celebrating the new year with the cat 🐱

My local shop had this for $44 which is way below normal price plus a bunch of other whiskey’s I wanted to grab. My personal favorite the Glenlivet 12 was slightly more expensive for some reason so I went with this one.

4F0E943F-24E9-4A0B-A736-1B2CE5BA961B.jpeg

Back