The Waxhole: Speakeasy & Whisk(e)y Lounge

Balcones Brimstone - a roasted blue corn whiskey that's smoked after distillation. Smells and tastes like a mouthful of barbecue ribs washed down with a swig of sugared bourbon. Remarkable, but definitely a once-in-a-while dram.

Okey, I'm now a proper frenchman. I've placed an order for a primeur wine.

What's this, you say ? It's a wine you purchase the year it's harvested and it's delivered 3 to 4 years after. Only the finest one from the Bordeaux region can be bought like this. It's only a 6 bottle wood crate of a Haut Médoc castle, because I cannot afford the biggest names, but with this purchase and the thermometer/hygrometer I bought for the wine cellar, I feel I took it a step further.

Okey, I'm now a proper frenchman. I've placed an order for a primeur wine.

What's this, you say ? It's a wine you purchase the year it's harvested and it's delivered 3 to 4 years after. Only the finest one from the Bordeaux region can be bought like this. It's only a 6 bottle wood crate of a Haut Médoc castle, because I cannot afford the biggest names, but with this purchase and the thermometer/hygrometer I bought for the wine cellar, I feel I took it a step further.
Now THAT'S a pre-order!

I've read a bit about the new Old Forester 100 proof Rye but couldn't find it in my area. Luckily my local jug shop (conveniently called Jug Shop) was able to order me a bottle. It's pretty nice, a bit hot at first but I think it would make a fine Manhattan.

View attachment 6620
I didn't know they did a rye. 100 proof too, that's nice. Any age statement provided?

Back