The Taproom (aka Anything and Everything Beer)

This is, I believe, the best rated Treehouse beer on BeerAdvocate. Besides a couple of one-off rare releases where a couple people rated them 5 stars. This has the highest ratings with a decent amount of reviews.

I’ve had Emperor Julius, King JJJuliiusss (or whatever the extra letters are), and Julius. They’re all good. I don’t remember exactly what they all tasted like but this is also exceptional.

IMG_9297.jpeg
IMG_9298.jpeg

Anchor Steam was my gateway to the good beers too, sad to see the news. The bar I worked at in college had Bud, Coors Light, and Anchor Steam on tap. Worked my way up pretty quickly. Still have a few christmas ale in the fridge from the last run.

Anchor Steam was my gateway to the good beers too, sad to see the news. The bar I worked at in college had Bud, Coors Light, and Anchor Steam on tap. Worked my way up pretty quickly. Still have a few christmas ale in the fridge from the last run.
Anchor going out of business is sad, but it’s been years since I’ve seen them on the East Coast (I try to tell myself I can only be so sad if I haven’t used a product/went to a place in years when it closes). Hoping someone buys the brand and keeps the legacy going.

Going to San Francisco in early August. My brother is a big beer nerd so he's got us lined up to go to Russian River Brewing. They make his favorite beer, Pliny the Elder, which I also enjoy. We're doing baseball and beer for most of this trip so it should be fun. I know he's got places in SF and Oakland that we're going to like Toronado on Haight and Faction Brewing in Alameda. The nice thing is he plans it all so I can just be a passenger on this journey.

Spent last night at Burial Brewing South Slope in Asheville, NC with many primo beers and the spectacular Rose City Band.

First, the beers. Everything I sampled was mighty fine, and this place has the greatest beer names ever. If you've been overserved, you'll quickly be found out trying to order...

20230912_001756.jpg

Bonus fine music as that's what goes best with fine beer. Taped Rose City Band flying a pair of mics about 20 feet back. They're so, so good. Pretty top-shelf recording...

Last edited:
Spent last night at Burial Brewing South Slope in Asheville, NC with many primo beers and the spectacular Rose City Band.

First, the beers. Everything I sampled was mighty fine, and this place has the greatest beer names ever. If you've been overserved, you'll quickly be found out trying to order...

View attachment 182135

Bonus fine music as that's what goes best with fine beer. Taped Rose City Band flying a pair of mics about 20 feet back. They're so, so good. Pretty top-shelf recording...

I was just at the Forestry Camp location in Asheville 2 weekends ago for my brother's bachelor party. Their beer rules.

Was keeping it lighter so I could keep up with the heavier drinkers in the party, so I had Welcomed Antiquities and Harmonic Reflections, a kellerbier. I wish Pitiless Indifference was on tap, because I LOVE a black lager.

View attachment 182135

The beer store around the corner just did their vacation last week in Asheville and I was able to grab a Fonta Flora can off them on count of being a regular. I can get Burial occasionally up here in PA but it's rare. Need to get back there. Last time I was there Wicked Weed was still independent :(

What an incredible spot, great beer, and Rose City Band!? It's been a few years since I've been in those parts (Wicked Weed had just sold out, actually), and I'm beyond jealous.

I also can't help but mention their mural.

Burial-Beer-Co-Tom-Selleck-Sloth-Mural-Asheville.jpg.webp

Back