The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

Just found out that the X-Men Animated Series from the 90s is available on Disney+!

Related: why hasn’t Gambit been in any X-Men movies? He was my favorite back in the day.
YES! I rewatched it too and it holds up for the most part. There is also a really cool animated Silver Surfer series from the late 90s that is a good time too.

Regarding Gambit, I remember hearing rumblings of a Channing Tatum starring as Gambit in a movie when Fox was still running the X-Men show.

Last edited:
YES! I rewatched it too and it holds up for the most part. There is also a really cool animated Silver Surfer animated series from the late 90s that is a good time too.

Regarding Gambit, I remember hearing rumblings of a Channing Tatum starring as Gambit in a movie when Fox was still running the X-Men show.

And yes C Tate's was supposed to play Gambit in an upcoming X Men movie but it was cancelled years ago.

oof, I can’t imagine Tatum as Gambit

Toby was the best nerdy Peter Parker. Garfield was the best socially awkward Peter Parker. Holland is the best overall Peter Parker because he's so diminutive and fits the Peter mold though more the Ultimate Spiderman Peter mold. At least Holland looks like an actual high school student.

I always thought Toby was a better Peter Parker than a Spiderman, and Garfield made a better Spiderman than a Peter Parker. Holland does both really well.

I always thought Toby was a better Peter Parker than a Spiderman, and Garfield made a better Spiderman than a Peter Parker. Holland does both really well.
Yes! exactly this. Spidey is a quick quipped smart ass; Peter Parker is an awkward nerd. McGwire did nerdy well and Garfield was an excellent smart ass. Holland hits on both.

Last edited:
Loving the What If? series on Disney+. What If? was one of my favorite comics growing up. I love alternate reality storylines. Plus, they just kill off everyone in those comics because it doesn't matter.
Same. I love that they can tell stories that are alot darker than normal, like Doctor Strange losing his heart instead of his hands

Same. I love that they can tell stories that are alot darker than normal, like Doctor Strange losing his heart instead of his hands

Watched that episode twice so far. Love that they weren't afraid to go dark and the voice acting was top notch. The Black Panther / Starlord one might be my favorite one so far with what they did with Korath fanboying over Star Lord, but this one was close.

I just discovered the little one off short with The Mandarin and I am dying. I love Kingsley so much. I hated Iron Man 3 when I first saw it, but I was young and stupid. It's one of my favs now simply because of him.

I just discovered the little one off short with The Mandarin and I am dying. I love Kingsley so much. I hated Iron Man 3 when I first saw it, but I was young and stupid. It's one of my favs now simply because of him.

And Sam Rockwell comes back for this short too! Hopefully he gets brought back for another feature/show at some point.

I loved the Mandarin twist/lampshade/subversion, and Kingsley's performance is 97% of that. It's an example of what I think is a big difference between the MCU and recent Star Wars- the MCU respects its source material, but isn't super reverent towards it, whereas Star Wars has been reverently worshipping at the altar of the original trilogy, dragging it along at almost every step. Like, I don't necessarily like all the changes the MCU makes, but I like that they're willing to make them.

Last edited:
Back