The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I loved the Mandarin twist/lampshade/subversion, and Kingsley's performance is 97% of that. It's an example of what I think is a big difference between the MCU and recent Star Wars- the MCU respects its source material, but isn't super reverent towards it, whereas Star Wars has been reverently worshipping at the altar of the original trilogy, dragging it along at almost every step. Like, i don't necessarily like all the changes the MCU makes, but I like that they're willing to make them.
Totally agree.

Hawkeye preview is up. So happy to see the tracksuits bros.

Pizza Dog! Hawkeye looking very beat up! Brooooo!

81cd8503becd3fc2bfcfdf7f88d73b20.jpg

EDIT: I'm definitely restarting a read-through of the Fraction run today.

He's definitely wearing hearing aids in those first scenes, right? Have they done anything to establish that part of his back story in the previous MCU films?

He's definitely wearing hearing aids in those first scenes, right? Have they done anything to establish that part of his back story in the previous MCU films?
I wasn't sure if they were hearing aids or just a wireless earpiece for communication. They haven't addressed any hearing loss in the MCU films.

I just discovered the little one off short with The Mandarin and I am dying. I love Kingsley so much. I hated Iron Man 3 when I first saw it, but I was young and stupid. It's one of my favs now simply because of him.

Have you seen Shang-Chi?

Good luck wrestling that away from Disney. Ditko’s estate will probably manage to squeeze some $$ out of Mickey Mouse’s gloved mits but I would be amazed if they ended up with Spidey’s rights.
That's pretty much my thoughts too. If you're going to go up against the mouse, you'd better have a damn good case (or damn good lawyers) and I don't really think they do.

That's pretty much my thoughts too. If you're going to go up against the mouse, you'd better have a damn good case (or damn good lawyers) and I don't really think they do.
It’s interesting though, reminds me of song publishing copyrights in a lot of ways. I feel for the creators (and to some extent the creators heirs) since they really didn’t end up fairly compensated in most cases (it’s pretty much why Image comics exists today).

It’s interesting though, reminds me of song publishing copyrights in a lot of ways. I feel for the creators (and to some extent the creators heirs) since they really didn’t end up fairly compensated in most cases (it’s pretty much why Image comics exists today).
A major reason 90% of my pull list is from Image anymore

I just discovered the little one off short with The Mandarin and I am dying. I love Kingsley so much. I hated Iron Man 3 when I first saw it, but I was young and stupid. It's one of my favs now simply because of him.
That dropped without any fanfare and was a delight. Really glad I saw it before seeing Shang-Chi last night, too, as there's a nod to it.

Back