The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

My only big hope for No Way Home is that it progresses Peter's character into being out of the shadow of Tony Stark. I really want MCU Spider-Man to become his own character that doesn't have to have his character arc tied to Iron Man.

It seems like bringing in Tobey and Garfield Spideys would be a good way to address this. Have them, as two Spider-Men who didn't have the aid of Stark, drill the importance of becoming your own hero or something like that. I don't mind MCU Spider-Man being a more tech-oriented superhero than past depictions, but at least have it be more of Parker's own technical inventions rather than just 100% Stark technology.
I forget which Spidey it was but doesn’t one of them have more of a mutation that allows them to sling webs while the other created a device?

My only big hope for No Way Home is that it progresses Peter's character into being out of the shadow of Tony Stark. I really want MCU Spider-Man to become his own character that doesn't have to have his character arc tied to Iron Man.

It seems like bringing in Tobey and Garfield Spideys would be a good way to address this. Have them, as two Spider-Men who didn't have the aid of Stark, drill the importance of becoming your own hero or something like that. I don't mind MCU Spider-Man being a more tech-oriented superhero than past depictions, but at least have it be more of Parker's own technical inventions rather than just 100% Stark technology.
Its the first movie that Holland gets to face a non Stark related enemy

I need to give Garfield Spider-Man another chance. I had a very negative reaction to the first movie when I watched it but maybe I would be kinder to it now. I never even watched the second one.

I need to give Garfield Spider-Man another chance. I had a very negative reaction to the first movie when I watched it but maybe I would be kinder to it now. I never even watched the second one.

I hated the first one so much while watching it in the theatre that even the score was upsetting me.

I dont think I ever watched the Garfield ones. Spiderman has always been one of my lesser heros and I was spent on the character after McGuire. Holland brought me back tho, that kid is just very likeable

I had never seen ANY of the Spiderman films until the Tom Holland ones but I love them.

I seriously had no idea this even existed…

And Jamie Foxx's Electro is one of the villains rumored to be returning for this new one

I believe they were trying to, or did, set up the Sinister Six, but I don't recall hearing anything too positive about the end result.
That said, I wasn't interested in the least so I barely paid attention to what anybody was saying, good or bad.
Yeah, there was a post credit scene that showed the Sinister Six being 'formed'. Essentially its a monologue whilst we see a hooded figure walk past a load of outfits in Oscorp (Dr Octopus' arms, Vultures wings, Rhino's suit). There was also an animation that played as the credits went by that was the blueprints to each suit.

Honestly, though I forgot this film even existed until now.

I thought the Andrew G portrayed him too cool for school.
He's supposed to be a dorky teenage super nerd (which is why I liked Toby + Tom Holland).

I might have been pretty dismissive tho.. so maybe i'll rewatch again some day.
No you're right. It was bad casting. It's tough though because Holland is perfect. You could not have a better actor to portray Peter Parker in my books.

No you're right. It was bad casting. It's tough though because Holland is perfect. You could not have a better actor to portray Peter Parker in my books.
Garfield really wasn’t the problem with those movies. He did the the whole smart alec cracking’ wise while fighting crime thing a lot better than Toby McGuire’s Spider-man. Holland is the best overall but I think Garfield gets dismissed too easily because he starred in a reboot that nobody (besides Sony) wanted.

I thought the Andrew G portrayed him too cool for school.
He's supposed to be a dorky teenage super nerd (which is why I liked Toby + Tom Holland).

I might have been pretty dismissive tho.. so maybe i'll rewatch again some day.
This was my take when I saw the first movie too and a big reason why I felt disconnected to it. I just didn't buy Garfield in the role. I'm planning to give his movies another chance after I rewatch the Raimi trilogy in preparation for NWH, and I hope I like the first one better this time around.

Back