The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I saw that earlier too…pretty damn pumped about it :)

I saw 4/18 …correct me if I’m wrong 👍🏻👍🏻
I've been going on 4/19 for weeks now, but I may be misremembering though. Either way I'm excited to get a free 7-day trial of Crave and watch it!
This tweet from the official HBO Max Twitter says 7 days

Definitely agree on Moon Knight and Oscar Isaac's ridiculous accent. So far it's one of the best things to come out of Marvel in a while. Although I still wish they'd do this as a show. It would have been better than the one they did do, which I still haven't finished but am slowly working my way through when I'm bored.
Screenshot_20220411-182258.jpg

Also agree that DMZ was pretty good. But Doom Patrol is still the DC show I'm most impressed with, after the Harley Quinn show of course.

Definitely agree on Moon Knight and Oscar Isaac's ridiculous accent. So far it's one of the best things to come out of Marvel in a while. Although I still wish they'd do this as a show. It would have been better than the one they did do, which I still haven't finished but am slowly working my way through when I'm bored.
View attachment 135343

Also agree that DMZ was pretty good. But Doom Patrol is still the DC show I'm most impressed with, after the Harley Quinn show of course.

DOOM PATROL!!!

I'm enjoying it immensely.

How familiar are the two of you with the character at all? I'm wondering if my familiarity is ruining the experience.

Me three. Its one of the few Marvel characters that I know very little about so I'm really enjoying going in fresh.

Really interesting so far, I really liked yesterday's episode. It really feels like the storyline is building now.

Episode three was the worst.

How familiar are the two of you with the character at all? I'm wondering if my familiarity is ruining the experience.

I am very familiar with the character, but coming into the show with zero expectations in order to allow it to be it's own thing.
I'm only a little familiar with the character, but also feel like these things require this no expectation approach to take them on as their own thing. And I'm appreciating the ride this show is taking us on. Overall I think it's quite good, but to each their own.

To be honest I haven't really ranked them yet.

I enjoyed episode 3. As I said, I'm going in blind so I thought the idea of the avatars, the star scene, and the fight scenes were all really good. It was really the first episode where they seem to be highlighting the different skill sets between Marc and Steven and realising they might need to allow each other control to utilise these.

I'm really enjoying the show so far although I think there's some uneven parts. I get the other gods don't trust Khonshu but it's weird they can't figure out what Harrow's doing or even look into it at all. It was funny how Khonshu was talking about needing an ironclad case against Harrow and then just starts shouting stuff. Harrow popping up everwhere was kinda funny too. But overall I like it a lot, Arthur Isaac and May Calamway are fantastic and I'm really curious about what else is going on. I'm assuming there's a 3rd personality that takes control sometimes and Layla has another purpose/mission we haven't heard about yet. I wish there were a few more episodes to build things up.

Last edited:
Back