The Stoned Ape & Clint Howard's Super Rappy Vinyl Sub Thing

I don't know if it's a popular opinion or not but I really don't feel like anyone is fucking with LUM right now. It's like a dude raised on southern rap but through a lens of a nyc-style ditc-producer and a mesh of sounds of both and more. I don't love all of his stuff, although I own all of his records except for that Secret Circle 7".. but some of his tracks are just incredible.. On Doing An Evil Deed Blues is one of my favorite rap records of the last decade.
exactly why i love LUM couldn't have said it any better.

I don't know if it's a popular opinion or not but I really don't feel like anyone is fucking with LUM right now. It's like a dude raised on southern rap but through a lens of a nyc-style ditc-producer and a mesh of sounds of both and more. I don't love all of his stuff, although I own all of his records except for that Secret Circle 7".. but some of his tracks are just incredible.. On Doing An Evil Deed Blues is one of my favorite rap records of the last decade.
Glad we are one the same page with LUM. And I think he has a pretty dedicated fanbase. When I caught him last year he sold that show out with no problem, and was selling merch like crazy.

Also how you not have that damn Secret Circle 7" yet?! I think I probably spent more money completing the LUM collection then I spent on any other single artist.

Glad we are one the same page with LUM. And I think he has a pretty dedicated fanbase. When I caught him last year he sold that show out with no problem, and was selling merch like crazy.

Also how you not have that damn Secret Circle 7" yet?! I think I probably spent more money completing the LUM collection then I spent on any other single artist.

Pretty sure he sold out the show he did here w/ Secret Circle that I had tickets to but ended up drinking with some friends instead. Easily one of my lowlights for rap shows.. like, we got there right as the show was letting out. Will kick myself if LUM never makes it again but I can see him making it to like NXNW or maybe CMW one year... hopefully.

As far as LUM's discography goes.. funny shit, I passed on a 2nd pressing of MTI cause the postage was too high (god, do i regret that now), only to pay more, overall, for a third pressing. Got Evil Deed Blues and Underwater Blues directly from Orm.. sold Underwater Blues cause I was not really a fan and could never really get into Twon... then ordered the 4 separate LPs when they went up for initial order on Orm.. only to cancel like 4-5 months later when I had heard nothing from him.. then got them like 3 months after I cancelled them.

Ordered 3 Sided tape from Amazon and somehow ended up with two copies, so sold one to the homey for sticker price.. so I ended up paying like half price for that.. so overall, I really only paid retail for MTI and Evil Deed Blues, 1/2 price on 3 Sided Tape and the rest for free, hah.

If I can find a copy of Secret Circle for a decent price, I'd grab it.. I just don't love the songs that much..

Pretty sure he sold out the show he did here w/ Secret Circle that I had tickets to but ended up drinking with some friends instead. Easily one of my lowlights for rap shows.. like, we got there right as the show was letting out. Will kick myself if LUM never makes it again but I can see him making it to like NXNW or maybe CMW one year... hopefully.

As far as LUM's discography goes.. funny shit, I passed on a 2nd pressing of MTI cause the postage was too high (god, do i regret that now), only to pay more, overall, for a third pressing. Got Evil Deed Blues and Underwater Blues directly from Orm.. sold Underwater Blues cause I was not really a fan and could never really get into Twon... then ordered the 4 separate LPs when they went up for initial order on Orm.. only to cancel like 4-5 months later when I had heard nothing from him.. then got them like 3 months after I cancelled them.

Ordered 3 Sided tape from Amazon and somehow ended up with two copies, so sold one to the homey for sticker price.. so I ended up paying like half price for that.. so overall, I really only paid retail for MTI and Evil Deed Blues, 1/2 price on 3 Sided Tape and the rest for free, hah.

If I can find a copy of Secret Circle for a decent price, I'd grab it.. I just don't love the songs that much..
a shame antwon turned out to be a piece of sh*t and Secret Circle disbanded.My LUM Collection consist of the Boxset,the 2nd press of MTI with the black metal type cover & the limited poster from the MTI 1st press,i really want the MTI Cassette.

I don't want to let the cat out the bag but I think fans of 90s rap will be pleasantly surprised. Definitely not really even a superstar from that era but a really dope rapper from a really dope crew that had connections out west.

I’ll throw out K-Solo?

Black metal type cover?
at least reminds me of a cover of a black metal album
R-6108552-1487929095-3589.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Makes sense now. That's the same one I have and is actually the third press. 1st and 2nd had the first cover as idid the subsequent presses.. only this pressing had this cover iirc?
discogs has it being pressed 4 times total and this cover being 2nd press on vinyl?but yeah the only time i know of this cover being used.

discogs has it being pressed 4 times total and this cover being 2nd press on vinyl?but yeah the only time i know of this cover being used.

If you check the first listing, you'll see they pressed it twice in two pressings of 300. It was the second pressing of 300 I missed out on (the only real difference between the two is the first 300 came with the poster).

at least reminds of a cover of a black metal album
R-6108552-1487929095-3589.jpeg.jpg
I really prefer this cover. I own this one, and the yellow vinyl version of the original cover, but I'd probably get rid of the yellow vinyl before this one. I just like this aesthetic more.

The only thing I really want LUM to put out now is a vinyl release for Bedwetter. I got the tape, but it deserves vinyl. I'd be fine with LUM never releasing any new music in all honesty. I feel like he's said it all in the stuff he's put out over the years.

Edit - I'm an idiot and totally forgot Three Sided Tape included Bedwetter on there. So I already own it. LUM is good in my book.

I really prefer this cover. I own this one, and the yellow vinyl version of the original cover, but I'd probably get rid of the yellow vinyl before this one. I just like this aesthetic more.

The only thing I really want LUM to put out now is a vinyl release for Bedwetter. I got the tape, but it deserves vinyl. I'd be fine with LUM never releasing any new music in all honesty. I feel like he's said it all in the stuff he's put out over the years.

Edit - I'm an idiot and totally forgot Three Sided Tape included Bedwetter on there. So I already own it. LUM is good in my book.

Weirdly.. this version seems to be the least 'valuable' of all the pressings. I just wonder why it wasn't on white vinyl like it was originally advertised iirc?

Why the hell not..

I'm curious as to what made you guess him of all people?

Not really sure. Was thinking of him mostly because I remember he was signed or whatever to Death Row and was trying to think of some of unreleased stuff I have heard of floating around. The comment about East Coast/Dope Crew kind of made sense. I was a huge Solo fan back in the day. Entire Hit Squad actually. Letterman, Spellbound, I Can’t Hold It Back and so on. Just like many from the 90s doesn’t get the props he deserves

yup agree LUM already established himself as a underground legend and has a discography any artist should be proud of.yeah i also really like this cover because at least to me reminds me of a black metal album cover.do you own the Three Sided Tape vinyl edition?
Weirdly.. this version seems to be the least 'valuable' of all the pressings. I just wonder why it wasn't on white vinyl like it was originally advertised iirc?
yup seems to be the least sought after version

I knew I was missing something from the LUM discography. It's this one from 2012 that he released with Supa Sortahuman. Tape only, got re-released in 2016 but I missed it.

Yeah @Vinyl&Kicks86 I got everything LUM did except this one. I also am missing the MTI cassette, but I have the vinyl.

Some requests

Son of Bazerk supposed second album
Resident Alien
Poison Clan first album
INI
Last Emperor
King Tee Thy Kingdom Come
Dream Warriors

Some requests

Son of Bazerk supposed second album
Resident Alien
Poison Clan first album
INI
Last Emperor
King Tee Thy Kingdom Come
Dream Warriors

Resident Alien as in the Prince Paul group? If so, you have great taste. Would love to see / make that happen.

INI has been dope a couple times already..

Which Last Emperor?

Bet we'll see King Tee done by a grek market Euro label.

And Dream Warriors could definitely be done!

Back