The Return of the Challenge Thread - December 2019

Day 6: The GOAT - or just a compilation.

I really had no ideas what to play for this one...so I just hit the Discogs random until one popped.

Minor Threat ‎– Minor Threat
Dischord Records ‎– Dischord 12, 1984

German release

Cut at Utopia
Pressed at MPO

d9Sni9.jpg

dNpF6u.jpg

Last edited:
Day 7 - eponymous

T.P. Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou

I've got almost 50 albums by them and few have a formal name. This one is often known as Melo-Yellow as Melome Clement is the band leader/dude on the colour, and there's a different album with the same cover just in green. Anyway, this is one of their best and funkiest. The drummer Yehouessi Leopold is, in my opinion, the best in the business and effortlessly funky here.

EDIT: contains this beast, one of their best tracks.

20191207_100901.jpg

Last edited:
Day 7 - eponymous

T.P. Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou

I've got almost 50 albums by them and few have a formal name. This one is often known as Melo-Yellow as Melome Clement is the band leader/dude on the colour, and there's a different album with the same cover just in green. Anyway, this is one of their best and funkiest. The drummer Yehouessi Leopold is, in my opinion, the best in the business and effortlessly funky here.

View attachment 25375
youre not gonna make me buy another one, not today !

youre not gonna make me buy another one, not today !
I would really recommend any/all of the three compilations Analog Africa has put out. Vodoun Effect, the first one, is possibly my favourite. This Melo-Yellow is fairly pricey and not too easy to find. As @Skalap has said, this is a v expensive rabbit hole to fall down...

Day 7: self-titled or eponymous?

Could have gone with this one for my High School days...wore out a cassette and CD of this one.

Rage Against The Machine ‎– Rage Against The Machine
Epic/Music On Vinyl ‎– MOVLP043, 1992/2011

Limited to 500 on red vinyl
Repress of original 1992 European pressing

Pressed at Record Industry

RQf5eG.jpg

Syp4Vi.jpg

I’m listening to an eponymous album right now, Elton John, but as it’s on a gorgeous sounding Japanese SHM-SACD it’s not for the challenge thread! I’ll post a record in here later on 😍

Back