The Return of the Challenge Thread - December 2019

Day 5 - Good times...(or maybe not)
Play an album you listened to in high school

My introduction to Bob Dylan guided me on a path to so much great music, thankful for my buddy's dad showing me this great album back in the day. Probably still my favorite Dylan record! And this copy was actually gifted to me in Highschool.

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited (Sundazed Mono)

IMG_20191207_184415_477.jpg

well, i left my phone at my work. so i can't take a photo. but, i was hoping this one hadn't been taken yet, and it hasn't so i'm posting an album cover image instead. please accept my apologies for the oversight.

day 7 - we put all our energy in creating the music, didn't have any left for the album title

71Krnp9N0uL._SX355_.jpg

r.e.m. - eponymous

because there simply wasn't a better choice for this one.

Day 5 - Good/Bad Times
The Arrogant Sons of Bitches - Three Cheers For Dissapointment

IMG_20191207_230343.jpg

Sadly, I was kind of a late bloomer when it came to actively seeking out music and didn't really start diving in hard until freshman year in college. However, I did start getting into punk and a few ska punk bands in particular in high school. This was a great band for cathartic screaming along in the car. This one technically came out after I was in high school, but I had a comp of theirs that came out a few years earlier. I need to pick up some of the others I used to listen to.

Day 2 - Rock out
Day 5 - Those were the days

20191208_134534.jpg

Easy thing, this one combines the two perfectly. Growing up in the nineties, there was no way to get around Oasis. Back then we knew about Blur, but they were in no way as big as the Gallaghers, yet at our school.

I still haven't lost the love for Britpop, following the solo works of Liam and Noel.

Day 8 - RIP John.
Play a release related to John Lennon.

I'm not a Beatles collector, but I have a few inherited albums. They're pretty worn, but after scrubbing, this one's not too bad.

The Beatles ‎– Beatles '65

IMG_20191208_104945.jpg

LOL whoops, I could have saved this one for the "under 30 minutes" day, 26:46 total time. I've scanned through 'cogs and am having a hard time finding other LPs under 30, but I do have some ideas.

Last edited:
Back