The Return of the Challenge Thread - December 2019

Day 28: That needs a reissue.

Gotta go with the big guns. This has been on everyone's list since it was released. The vinyl wasn't readily available in 1996 and I just lucked into seeing this in the store, new, weeks before the CD was released, I was surprised to see it...and only somewhat recognized the artwork. I vaguely remember there being a hype sticker with the band name and album title.

And even though I have this original pressing, I'd still pick up a reissue.

I am somewhat surprised we didn't hear anything about vinyl reissues when their new album came out, seemed like the best time to release them again.

Tool ‎– Ænima
Zoo Entertainment/BMG ‎– 72445 11087 1, 1996

26tShj.jpg

tduXR0.jpg

Honorable Mention....

I almost played my 10,000 Days counterfeit...as that needs a proper release - and Lateralus needs a non-picture disk release.

Day 30 - AOTY

20191230_121708.jpg

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell

Me and lana have a funny history. I remember checking her out in 2013 and hating everything about her. I found her style bland and her personality insufferable. But in slowly in 2014, after her release of "Ultraviolence" I became weirdly enamored with her. For the rest of that year I pretty much only listened to her or Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, but I didnt think to much about it. It wasnt until I was making my AOTY list that year that I noticed how much I adored her and that album.

Since then I've been a ride or die fan of her. I saw greatest in her that felt so under valued by the "music community". That was until this album.

The lead up to this album I was honestly mostly underwhelmed by the singles, thinking this was going to be another really great album but not the mind blowing masterpiece it is. Since the day it came out I was completely hooked. This was the album I've always knew she would make. Everything I love about her and her style are here but elevated to new and amazing heights

This has turned more rambly than I anticipated but God damn i love this album

Day 29 - Ugh...another colored record?
Play your favorite colored record released in 2019 (new or reissue)

Le Butcherettes - bi/MENTAL

Their live show is incredible.

MVIMG_20181127_213942 (1).jpg

The record is a yellow/cream swirl. It matches the cover art pretty well.
IMG_20191230_145211.jpg

Back