The Pro-Ject Pergola - Questions, Answers, Advice & Chat

@Joe Mac Do you still update these?

Turntable: Pro-ject X2 Turntable (Walnut)
Cartridge: Ortofon 2M Blue (MM)
Phono Preamp: Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL phono stage (Silver)
Integrated Amplifier: audiolab 6000A (Silver)
CD Transport: audiolab 6000CDT (Silver)
Music Streamer: Bluesound NODE (Black)
Speakers: Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary Speakers with Matching Stands (Walnut)
Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket Series - Rocket 11
Interconnects: AudioQuest MacKenzie RCA cables
Audio Rack: NorStone Stabbl Four Bamboo Shelf Hi-Fi Audio Rack

@Joe Mac Do you still update these?

Turntable: Pro-ject X2 Turntable (Walnut)
Cartridge: Ortofon 2M Blue (MM)
Phono Preamp: Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL phono stage (Silver)
Integrated Amplifier: audiolab 6000A (Silver)
CD Transport: audiolab 6000CDT (Silver)
Music Streamer: Bluesound NODE (Black)
Speakers: Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary Speakers with Matching Stands (Walnut)
Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket Series - Rocket 11
Interconnects: AudioQuest MacKenzie RCA cables
Audio Rack: NorStone Stabbl Four Bamboo Shelf Hi-Fi Audio Rack

I do just no one has asked in ages 😂

Would anyone be interested in purchasing a non-operating Pro-Ject: Debut Carbon DC Esprit SB Turntable in Gloss Black? I'm the original owner, bought new in 2015. In fall of 2019 it started running slow and as there was nowhere in my area to service it I bought a new turntable and stuck it in my closet.

I've recently reached out to Sumiko (who does their service for warranty repairs) and they told me "It sounds like a possible issue with the motor control board" but of course they can't diagnose over email. They gave me a couple of local service centers but the closest one is 30 min away from me and I don't have a car so not sure it's worth renting one just to drop it off. I know most people would love a backup turntable but I just don't have the room to store it in my tiny San Francisco apartment.

So - I was thinking I'd check here to see if anyone wanted to buy it, either for parts or perhaps to have it serviced and use as a back up turntable? Thinking $125 plus shipping from SF. LMK if this sounds fair, or outlandish, or just weird.

"Our research team has concluded that the cobra body has the lowest ringing effect of all snakes."

I would NOT want to be the member of the team assigned to conduct those tests! :LOL:

Hey everyone!

Acoustand have released a new bearing snd sub-platter upgrade for the the Debut and Xpression/Classic models.

I have the last generation and it made a huge difference to my table. This new one is a substsintal upgrade again. They’re still using the Delrin sub-platter but they’ve massively improved the bearing. It’s now a solid bronze bearing. Can’t recommend these guys highly enough, everything that I’ve ever bought from them has been a real top class product!

This finally came in a couple days ago, and got it all installed tonight. Very easy to swap out, and a very nice solid piece of metal compared to the stock parts. Well see if I notice anything different when I spin tomorrow with the upgrade.

This finally came in a couple days ago, and got it all installed tonight. Very easy to swap out, and a very nice solid piece of metal compared to the stock parts. Well see if I notice anything different when I spin tomorrow with the upgrade.

I’ll be interested to here what you make. I have the same delrin sub platter but mine is the older model where it uses a delrin bearing housing too! He does make good solid stuff for sure, I loved every purchase from him.

I’ll be interested to here what you make. I have the same delrin sub platter but mine is the older model where it uses a delrin bearing housing too! He does make good solid stuff for sure, I loved every purchase from him.
Same, and have had no issues since installation a year+ ago. Though the Delrin came in much cheaper than this version. The bronze sounds awesome though.

Back