The National

With Homecoming this weekend and the two recent singles, people on the subreddit have been believing that the album is dropping nest Monday. This might be the album artwork...which is...horrendous to me. I wouldn't believe it, but I didn't believe the leak of FTPOF and I was wrong so all bets are off here. I do think the album is coming soon, but I'd venture to guess not for another couple of months.

what is their obsession with this random kid and the Paul head??

With Homecoming this weekend and the two recent singles, people on the subreddit have been believing that the album is dropping nest Monday. This might be the album artwork...which is...horrendous to me. I wouldn't believe it, but I didn't believe the leak of FTPOF and I was wrong so all bets are off here. I do think the album is coming soon, but I'd venture to guess not for another couple of months.

Laugh track is the album title?! 😂

I was hoping for some sort of reason in FTPOF...like some reference. But nothing. Based on the leaked trackless though, there might be more of a purpose to it. Either way though, it's such a bad aesthetic choice.
Laugh track is the album title?! 😂
Supposedly yes? We'll see

I read something about it recently. The kid is the son of some friends of the band and thought taking a pic of the mannequin head would make a good art project. The friend sent the pic to the band and they apparently loved it and decided to use it as the album cover. I may have some details wrong - I'll try to find where I read this.

ETA this link:

Didn't see it but since it says it's been taken down by copyright claim I'm guessing it's real

the new album is a thing...it's all over the subreddit. allegedly going to be announced today. unreal.

Since Homecoming is this weekend. I would think a preorder would be more likely on Monday.

giphy.gif

I think they'll hold back the announcement and release till after Homecoming starts. Some people are already getting signed copies of the new album today at the National Archives shop according to Reddit. You have to have a ticket to redeem for the album.

Last edited:
I think they'll hold back the announcement and release till after Homecoming. Some people are already getting signed copies of the new album today at the National Archives shop according to Reddit. You have to have a ticket to redeem for the album.
yeah these are about to go for like $1000 on discogs

I think they'll hold back the announcement and release till after Homecoming starts. Some people are already getting signed copies of the new album today at the National Archives shop according to Reddit. You have to have a ticket to redeem for the album.
Wait what. Agh. Ok so it dropping tonight or Monday or whatever is now increasingly more likely. I can’t believe it. Wowowow

Last edited:
I have been refreshing the Cherry Tree store this evening in the incredibly slim chance they have a few of those test pressings for sale. Also been looking at eBay, but nothings there yet.

Back