The National

Love the New York posters especially the first one.

Oh boy, in the first poster, whatever is below the rotary telephone has “the Alcott” embroidered on it.

EDIT:
The rotary telephone has “Dial 13 for Operator on it”

The Polaroid photos of Coney Island.

I’m becoming one of those delusional Swift fans that reads too much into everything.

It’s easier to see on the artist’s post:

Last edited:
Oh boy, in the first poster, whatever is below the rotary telephone has “the Alcott” embroidered on it.

EDIT:
The rotary telephone has “Dial 13 for Operator on it”

I’m becoming one of those delusional Swift fans that reads too much into everything.

It’s easier to see on the artist’s post:

She has to show up. I mean they've never played that song and this is their first time headlining MSG.

Great show last night - I was worried that the Garden would be too big a room for them but I was wrong.

Does anyone know what time the CT posters go up in the shop?

Great show last night - I was worried that the Garden would be too big a room for them but I was wrong.
Agreed. I really thought that it would be somewhat of a disappointment in a room that big, but the crowd energy was insanely strong and the band was having a blast onstage. I was so thrilled to get Cherry Tree since I ended up bailing on the New Haven show.

Also, really glad that there were no "special guests" They owned that stage last night.

Agreed. I really thought that it would be somewhat of a disappointment in a room that big, but the crowd energy was insanely strong and the band was having a blast onstage. I was so thrilled to get Cherry Tree since I ended up bailing on the New Haven show.

Also, really glad that there were no "special guests" They owned that stage last night.
Yes - crowd energy was much better than I expected, and it was cool how genuinely happy & grateful the band seemed to be.

I had great seats scored for a non-Premium price through the CT presale. A lady in front of me said their entire row was Dessner cousins.
IMG_2837.jpeg

The Cherry Tree variant of this looks like it was sold out before it ever went on sale.
It was available at 10:01, I "almost" put it in my cart, but decided against it - not enough variation. I did buy the Sasha Barr show print (blue) since it will look lovely next to the Luke Martin -- IF I ever get around to framing them.

Yes - crowd energy was much better than I expected, and it was cool how genuinely happy & grateful the band seemed to be.

I had great seats scored for a non-Premium price through the CT presale. A lady in front of me said their entire row was Dessner cousins.
View attachment 180357
Those are some of the best seats in the house! Very nice!

I wasn't going to get to MSG til around 3:30-4pm ish, but I learned that there were already 8 people queuing at 8:30. I got there at about 12:20 and was #31.

GA entry was a disaster (you'd think by now they know how to handle it) but the truth is they really don't care. First people showed up around 7:15am, and just barely got on the rail. Somehow I was fortunate enough to get a great spot and had enough room for a friend of mine to squeeze in next to me.

That friend finally got "Berningered" last night - he sang with her, then sang with me. She was SO happy, and I was so thrilled for her. Matt threw his cup to me last night. It was a really fun day / night seeing so many people that I have met over the years through this band.

No Taylor appearance? That setlist was stacked. That’s got to be one of the longest set lists they’ve ever played before.

No Taylor appearance? That setlist was stacked. That’s got to be one of the longest set lists they’ve ever played before.
Apparently, she was attending Jack Antonoff's wedding in NJ. I heard that the venue location leaked and a bunch of swifties congregated outside. 😲

No. No. No. System is a great song and I will never tire of it!!!

It's ok to not like every song by a band that you love. Don't ever be a blind follower.

As if to reinforce my feelings about System.... my friend and I got, as they say, "Berningered" during it last night at MSG. Made this gif from a video that a friend of hers sent.
1692475243280.gif

With Homecoming this weekend and the two recent singles, people on the subreddit have been believing that the album is dropping nest Monday. This might be the album artwork...which is...horrendous to me. I wouldn't believe it, but I didn't believe the leak of FTPOF and I was wrong so all bets are off here. I do think the album is coming soon, but I'd venture to guess not for another couple of months.

Back