The National

Yeah I do have the VMP versions as well…and an earlier red pressing of Cherry Tree. It’s incredibly excessive, but it’s probably my biggest indulgence. Like I shouldn’t have that many copies of the same thing, but I love The National so much that it feels worth it…mostly
I’ve been chasing that black / burgundy Cherry Tree... just missed one on eBay a few days ago. 😢

Don't ever feel like collecting a loved record is excessive! I think I have 8 SWB and every edition of HV - originals and expanded reissues. And, I did preorder the latest variant of Serpentine Prison because I’m insane!

I’ve been chasing that black / burgundy Cherry Tree... just missed one on eBay a few days ago. 😢

Don't ever feel like collecting a loved record is excessive! I think I have 8 SWB and every edition of HV - originals and expanded reissues. And, I did preorder the latest variant of Serpentine Prison because I’m insane!
I have all colored pressings of Cherry Tree but I didn’t think the most recent press would sell out as quick as it did.I like to be a National completist but it gets real expensive.

My final gripe (for now) about the Cherry Tree editions selling out so quickly - I think they should have pressed enough for each member to have one (no idea how many CT members there are but let’s say 2,000) and said hey, you have 24 hours to preorder and whatever is left will go up on our site for gen pop.

Signed, a bitter Cherry Tree member from day one who missed out.

You definitely have me beat. I have 3 different SWB versions and thought that was a bit much haha. Been thinking about the new Serpentine Prison as well…

My biggest regret is missing the signed copy of IAETF from…Newbury I think it was? I’m so bummed about it.
My final gripe (for now) about the Cherry Tree editions selling out so quickly - I think they should have pressed enough for each member to have one (no idea how many CT members there are but let’s say 2,000) and said hey, you have 24 hours to preorder and whatever is left will go up on our site for gen pop.

I agree, even though I was lucky enough to snag them. They sold out incredibly fast and it’s surprising they didn’t press more than they did. Also they still haven’t said how many are pressed. But they might show up for sale again some day soon…you never know.

Sorry that you missed out 😢 One thing I’ve found is that Cherry Tree exclusives are ridiculously popular these days, slowly approaching Pearl Jam vinyl insanity.

I’m an original day one CT member, too. Joined within 10 mins of announcement, would have been quicker had I not been in a parking lot on my phone and the server weren't crashing from traffic.

I‘m confident there are far more than 2k members in CT. Sadly, flippers join just to resell the vinyl for ridiculous profit. 😢 But, I agree... they should press to order, like Pearl Jam does with their vault series. Club members get x number of months to preorder and they press that many. No excuse to miss out on it if you’re paying attention. Of course, that’s only for their vinyl vaults and not all merch. (think I preordered the last one at least 6 months ago and no idea when it’s coming) Their monthly featured items sellout ridiculously fast, so you need to order immediately or be shut out, or pay $$$ on eBay. 😢

You definitely have me beat. I have 3 different SWB versions and thought that was a bit much haha. Been thinking about the new Serpentine Prison as well…

My biggest regret is missing the signed copy of IAETF from…Newbury I think it was? I’m so bummed about it.

I agree, even though I was lucky enough to snag them. They sold out incredibly fast and it’s surprising they didn’t press more than they did. Also they still haven’t said how many are pressed. But they might show up for sale again some day soon…you never know.
I asked those jagwads almost immediately on Instagram about pressing info and they never responded and bam they are sold out.

Watching this show tonight:

Randomly found it when doing a search and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this one. It's from the SWB tour, shortly after it came out. Super nostalgic feeling already for me cause my most memorable National show was the following year in Nashville. It was phenomenal. SWB has slowly creeped higher in higher in my opinion. The live Guilty Party full album show really truly unlocked it all for me and blew me away. It's now one I keep going back to time and time again, more than IAETF.

From my other post: Hey Cherry Tree gang - without me going back and searching, what's up with the 2021 remasters, standard black or otherwise? Has anyone play tested them vs earlier presses? Cherry Tree? Sad Songs vs VMP edition? TIA.

From my other post: Hey Cherry Tree gang - without me going back and searching, what's up with the 2021 remasters, standard black or otherwise? Has anyone play tested them vs earlier presses? Cherry Tree? Sad Songs vs VMP edition? TIA.
They sound great honestly, but I haven’t directly compared them with previous releases. It’s not quite the same, but the remasters are now up to stream, if you want to know how they sound.

Edit: looks like it’s only Sad Songs remastered that is up to stream right now

Last edited:
Watching this show tonight:

Randomly found it when doing a search and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this one. It's from the SWB tour, shortly after it came out. Super nostalgic feeling already for me cause my most memorable National show was the following year in Nashville. It was phenomenal. SWB has slowly creeped higher in higher in my opinion. The live Guilty Party full album show really truly unlocked it all for me and blew me away. It's now one I keep going back to time and time again, more than IAETF.

They streamed this live that night... I remember watching it in my family room, completely enthralled and envious that I wasn't there.

We have tickets to see them in Limerick & Cork, the shows were postponed from last year to this June, but I'm not expecting they'll happen, or if they do, that we'll be able to travel there for them.

Enjoy this show - it's fabulous!

Anyone know what this is:

It's mis-titled obviously, but also super expensive and an import. Just wondering if it's one that has a bonus disc of extra stuff or something
Saw this on discogs the other day. I figured it’s this? But maybe not...

The live Guilty Party full album show really truly unlocked it all for me and blew me away. It's now one I keep going back to time and time again, more than IAETF.
I think I’ve mentioned going to that previously on here but it was easily one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. The whole setting and experience was so cool.

I think I’ve mentioned going to that previously on here but it was easily one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. The whole setting and experience was so cool.
I’m still kicking myself for not going to those Basilica shows. We had traveled quite a bit that spring for other shows, so I didn’t want to impose on my daughter again to take care of the house and dogs. Big mistake. 😢

We did go to the PP event in Hudson and drove over to the Basilica the next day to peer in the windows. What a cool place to see a show!

We did get to the SWB record release show at the Bowery Ballroom which was amazing. Ran into Matt outside the venue before the show and Bryan personally handed me his set list that night. We saw 24 more National shows from then until Oct 2019. SWB was definitely the album that turned me into a superfan.

Thought I would jump in here got all 3 cherry tree exclusives delivered today. Just finishing up the ST thru headphones and bravo to Abbey Road on the remasters this thing breathes nicely brining out all the little nuances that make the National the National especially Bryan Devendorf on the kit. I have the 11 repress and it doesn’t hold a candle to this. Glad the band spent the money on this and didn’t mail it in. If Cherry Tree and Sad Songs hold up like the ST there’s hope they finally do a great remaster for gator and boxer before they turn 20

Thought I would jump in here got all 3 cherry tree exclusives delivered today. Just finishing up the ST thru headphones and bravo to Abbey Road on the remasters this thing breathes nicely brining out all the little nuances that make the National the National especially Bryan Devendorf on the kit. I have the 11 repress and it doesn’t hold a candle to this. Glad the band spent the money on this and didn’t mail it in. If Cherry Tree and Sad Songs hold up like the ST there’s hope they finally do a great remaster for gator and boxer before they turn 20
Thanks for the update. I’ve been so bitter about missing out on the cherry tree editions that I’ve stubbornly held off buying the self titled (the only one I need) Looks like I’ll grab the black version.

Back