The National

Now that I've had all this time with it, I don't think it's the National album I'll put on nearly as often as some of the others, but when I'm in the right mood it really hits the spot.
Yeah, as I was going through and ranking their albums recently I don't think I put it higher than 5th or 6th, but when I listen to it I think it's a beautiful album and love the songs live.

The National - Two Nights + Two Unique Sets + Performing High Violet in Full / Patti Smith and Her Band / Sylvan Esso / Of Monsters and Men / Local Natives / Japanese Breakfast / Phosphorescent / Hamilton Leithauser / Jay Som / Sudan Archives / Velvet Negroni / Wussy / Triiibe

Honestly I’m a little disappointed with this line up...

Buuuttttt two sets from The National with High Violet in full and Sylvan Esso is more than enough for me. Of Monsters And Men? Huge pass.

The National - Two Nights + Two Unique Sets + Performing High Violet in Full / Patti Smith and Her Band / Sylvan Esso / Of Monsters and Men / Local Natives / Japanese Breakfast / Phosphorescent / Hamilton Leithauser / Jay Som / Sudan Archives / Velvet Negroni / Wussy / Triiibe

Honestly I’m a little disappointed with this line up...

Buuuttttt two sets from The National with High Violet in full and Sylvan Esso is more than enough for me. Of Monsters And Men? Huge pass.
We may just do a one-day pass again this year. Whichever day Phosphorescent performs. Phosphorescent was our favorite act at Bonnaroo in 2015, and we missed the show in Indy earlier this year, so that's a good draw for us. The rest of this? Shrug.

Reactions: mgp
I
We may just do a one-day pass again this year. Whichever day Phosphorescent performs. Phosphorescent was our favorite act at Bonnaroo in 2015, and we missed the show in Indy earlier this year, so that's a good draw for us. The rest of this? Shrug.
I’ve never even listened to him/them? I guess I’ll check out everyone as much as I can except the ones I don’t like at all. I was just hoping for...I don’t know...Julien Baker, Angel Olsen, Bon Iver some acts like that...

I

I’ve never even listened to him/them? I guess I’ll check out everyone as much as I can except the ones I don’t like at all. I was just hoping for...I don’t know...Julien Baker, Angel Olsen, Bon Iver some acts like that...
Surely you've at least heard Song for Zula?! The band was stellar a few years ago. Would recommend.

I

Angel Olsen, Lucy Dacus - yeah I was hoping for them.

Bon Iver I figured would be too big now, especially with The National headlining both nights. He was on an arena tour this year.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hamilton Leithauser!!!!! Now I'm really hoping for an album release from him!

Have you ever listened to the Day of the Dead box that the National curated a few years ago? He's all over that. His incredible cover of "Standing on the Moon" got me into him.

I was just listening to "Secret Meeting," and it reminded me of one of my proudest moments in Facebook history. Years ago, I posted "I'm sorry I missed you, I had a secret meeting in the basement of my brain" as my status. When someone from high school, who I'd bet good money had never listened to the National, asked "Oh, how'd it go?," I replied "It went the dull and wicked ordinary way." I think it just confirmed in his mind how strange he thought I was...

So about the Black Friday cassette box set thing...

How popular do we think this is going to be? I've heard from my local store and so far they know they're getting two of them. Thing is, I want it even though i think it's lame it's a cassette. But I'm not itching to get out there at 6:00AM. Do you all think this is going to be an item that'll be hard to find (sorry) after the rush?

So about the Black Friday cassette box set thing...

How popular do we think this is going to be? I've heard from my local store and so far they know they're getting two of them. Thing is, I want it even though i think it's lame it's a cassette. But I'm not itching to get out there at 6:00AM. Do you all think this is going to be an item that'll be hard to find (sorry) after the rush?

I don't think anything is THAT hard to get. I'd go whenever you want and worse case be ready for an early morning finding it online. Also wouldn't be surprised if a few copies wind up on the cherry tree store at some point.

Back