The National

The merch line was stupid long, and someone totally just cut in front of me during it. They got some strange looking stuff this go around.

Do they have tour/show specific posters? Planning on whether I need to get to the merch booth fast a week from today.

Do they have tour/show specific posters? Planning on whether I need to get to the merch booth fast a week from today.
Yeah they do, and they sell out very fast. I didn’t get one cause by the time I went they had been long gone. But they do put up Cherry Tree variants of all the show posters in the Cherry Tree shop, which differ slightly from the original show posters.

Yeah they do, and they sell out very fast. I didn’t get one cause by the time I went they had been long gone. But they do put up Cherry Tree variants of all the show posters in the Cherry Tree shop, which differ slightly from the original show posters.

Ah right, forgot about the Cherry Tree variants! Guess if I don't like/miss out on the show version there's always CT.

Thanks!

I can’t believe they played Secret Meeting! I was not expecting that. Man, this show might be the best one I’ve seen of them. Last year’s SWB show was also great, but they pulled out a few more surprises with this one. The new songs sound really really great live, and the ones they chose to play are some of my favorites from the album. The only thing I was slightly disappointed by was that they didn’t play Not In Kansas. They’ve been playing that one live so I was fully expecting it, but...didn’t get to experience it. Bummed a bit. But still...great show, great setlist.

Courtney Barnett also ruled. She ripped through those songs and was just phenomenal. I got there a little before she went on stage so my spot for her set wasn’t great. Luckily I was able to move up between and get closer for The National. Still wish I was like right up front but oh well.

What’s really funny to me is the people around me (just a few) complaining that they were playing stuff from the new album but then freaking out when they pulled out Day I Die and System. Cause like last year it was people not singing or getting into the SWB tracks, now it’s IAETF. Also, what are you expecting? They are touring behind the new album which just came out a month ago. Really though I guess I was annoyed by the dude right behind me cause he was just annoying.

The merch line was stupid long, and someone totally just cut in front of me during it. They got some strange looking stuff this go around.

I ended up driving there and back all yesterday. Decided not to stay cause I’ll be back in Atlanta for a number of days in just a week and a half.
How was the setup with guest vocalists? Did they have one or two people? Was there a choir with them? I’m curious to see how they do the new stuff live.

Also I really liked the merch form SWB. The blue house branding on everything was cool. I saw some photos someone took in the National FB group of the merch table and it doesn’t look like there’s a theme with anything they’re selling this go around.

How was the setup with guest vocalists? Did they have one or two people? Was there a choir with them? I’m curious to see how they do the new stuff live.

Also I really liked the merch form SWB. The blue house branding on everything was cool. I saw some photos someone took in the National FB group of the merch table and it doesn’t look like there’s a theme with anything they’re selling this go around.
The set up they had included one guest vocalist, which was Kate Stables who's on a few tracks of the album. But aside from that, no other guest vocals or choir. Basically, she came out and sang during all the IAETF tracks and then would leave the stage when the band played older songs (minus a few). She was great though, and allowing her the space to sing lead a number of times was really great. They also had two drummers on stage (I can't remember who the extra one was). Also Kyle Resnick and Ben Lanz were there playing those horns, which honestly I just love how they're integrated when the band play live. I wasn't sure that they would be there, so that was cool. And just like with SWB, they had three screens set up which played some visuals throughout the show.

Yeah the merch has no thematic consistency, and I don't really love any of the designs too much. But I did grab a long sleeve which was nice, and a hat, which was also nice. I got a hat from the SWB tour that has the house logo on it, so I figured why not grab another that has a new design.

I’ll agree that it was a fantastic set. I was a little bummed they didn’t do Not In Kansas but Secret Meeting made my night. I think ending with Light Years isn’t as good as Vanderlye. The show just kind of ends whereas Vanderlye you have the whole crowd ending the show. Vocally, Matt was on. I liked him switching parts with the female vocals. The venue was great. It’s a small copy of the Bomb Factory in Dallas and knowing that, we sat upstairs. The only issue was there’s a row of premium seats that’s a 4 top by the rail. If those people stood, you wouldn’t see anything. Thankfully they didn't. Really fun show and I loved the entire trip to Atlanta. Grabbed the show poster and a shirt. Wish the merch table line wasn’t ridiculous because we missed most of Courtney Barnett due to it. I sent my wife in so she could watch while I waited in line. Got up to our seats during Depreston. I think she did 2 more songs and it was over.

I'm seeing them outside on Thursday. Please pray for me that it won't rain. Right now it's predicted as overcast with 40% chance of occasional rain showers. I'm hoping it's just a little bit cloudy with no rain.

🙏🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏

I’ll agree that it was a fantastic set. I was a little bummed they didn’t do Not In Kansas but Secret Meeting made my night. I think ending with Light Years isn’t as good as Vanderlye. The show just kind of ends whereas Vanderlye you have the whole crowd ending the show. Vocally, Matt was on. I liked him switching parts with the female vocals. The venue was great. It’s a small copy of the Bomb Factory in Dallas and knowing that, we sat upstairs. The only issue was there’s a row of premium seats that’s a 4 top by the rail. If those people stood, you wouldn’t see anything. Thankfully they didn't. Really fun show and I loved the entire trip to Atlanta. Grabbed the show poster and a shirt. Wish the merch table line wasn’t ridiculous because we missed most of Courtney Barnett due to it. I sent my wife in so she could watch while I waited in line. Got up to our seats during Depreston. I think she did 2 more songs and it was over.

I’m still of the mind of not being totally into Vanderlyle as a closer. I liked that Light Years closed it out. But I would agree its impact isn’t huge as a final song.

That merch line was insane when I came into the venue, and just as insane when I stood in it after things were all done.

Ah so you were up top? How was that? I was at the bottom, general admission, about five people back from the stage or so. It was awesome but when Matt went into the crowd, he never came near me.
I'm seeing them outside on Thursday. Please pray for me that it won't rain. Right now it's predicted as overcast with 40% chance of occasional rain showers. I'm hoping it's just a little bit cloudy with no rain.

🙏🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏
Hoping for you! Then again, some rain might pair nicely...ha

By the way, I loved seeing them outside in Nashville, and that's the one thing I wish I changed about this show. I wish it were outdoors. There's just more of an intense feeling I got as the music pumped through the open air as the day turned to night. It was fantastic.

Last edited:
The awesome setlist from last night

The National is at Coca-Cola Roxy.
22 hrs · Atlanta, GA ·
June 16, 2019 || Atlanta, GA
You Had Your Soul With You
Quiet Light
The Pull Of You
Hey Rosey
Mistaken For Strangers
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Oblivions
I Am Easy To Find
So Far So Fast
Where Is Her Head
Sorrow
Secret Meeting
The Day I Die
Carin At The Liquor Store
The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
Graceless
Fake Empire
Lemonworld
Rylan
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Light Years

And the poster I bought last night:
64267007_10156033202096010_8567542612498579456_n.jpg

And here's the Cherry Tree version which I'm kinda torn that I maybe should've waited to get

tn060132-the-national-ct-atlanta-coca-cola-roxy-poster-june-16-2-d-5ce45ad3.png

22 hrs · Atlanta, GA ·
Quiet Light
The Pull Of You
Hey Rosey
Mistaken For Strangers
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Oblivions
I Am Easy To Find
So Far So Fast
Where Is Her Head
Sorrow
Secret Meeting
The Day I Die
Graceless
Fake Empire
Lemonworld
Rylan
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Light Years

And here's the Cherry Tree version which I'm kinda torn that I maybe should've waited to get

Buy both? And if this setlist was the live album this year for Cherry Tree members I'd be stoked.

i've only ever seen the one show that didn't even with that, and that was before the song existed

did they play "light years" as well?

Yes. It was quite the monster set they did. They did a few more songs than the number at Atlanta. Pretty cool for a smaller crowd.

June 17, 2019 || St. Augustine, FL

Quiet Light
The Pull Of You
Hey Rosey
Don’t Swallow The Cap
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Oblivions
So Far So Fast
Where Is Her Head
Green Gloves
Peggy-O
Brainy

The Day I Die
Pink Rabbits
Hard To Find
I Am Easy To Find
Graceless
Fake Empire
Rylan
Light Years
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

Last edited:
Seeing them on Saturday, would love to hear "Peggy-O" or "Morning Dew." Would also love for the weather forecast to change.
I'm seeing 70-80% chance of rain for Thursday in Maine. I'm fine with rain, but I'd be worried about any thunderstorms happening that would have to end the show. That happened to me already this year with another show and it was not a fun experience.

22 hrs · Atlanta, GA ·
Quiet Light
The Pull Of You
Hey Rosey
Mistaken For Strangers
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Oblivions
I Am Easy To Find
So Far So Fast
Where Is Her Head
Sorrow
Secret Meeting
The Day I Die
Graceless
Fake Empire
Lemonworld
Rylan
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Light Years

Ooh, thanks for the reminder that they have been doing those Cherry Tree variants. Might just skip the merch line at the show and order that the next day to save myself the stress and hassle!

Back