The National

Question: have they stopped doing the Cherry Tree exclusive posters for their individual shows? I checked online out of curiosity and the posters for the last two nights are just the ones they were already selling in person. Either way, I hope to get one online cause I doubt I’ll be able to do it in person.
Wow, I had just assumed they were still doing them. I was at both Philly shows, but was not a fan of the posters. Love tonight's but I'm not going, and my rule is only buy posters of show I attend.

Going to the show tonight and was hoping that the poster was going to be good enough to buy…… this is not my style 💀

Passed on the poster from the Vermont show last year because it was too boring. This one is just ugly imo

I really like it. Colors are great. Not a huge fan of skulls / skeletons, but I do like this one. Have so much fun tonight!!!

Going to the show tonight and was hoping that the poster was going to be good enough to buy…… this is not my style 💀

Passed on the poster from the Vermont show last year because it was too boring. This one is just ugly imo

I kinda like it, but I don’t love it. I like skeletons though.

I have two shirts with a skeleton / skull on it. 2019 tour? With a pinkish skull. And, another that was also a poster from a show in the midwest I think. (Too lazy to go upstairs and look for them)

I like it but can see why others wouldn't. If I go to a show and they have a poster I buy the poster no matter what though

I read that the National’s secret already recorded new album is actually the King of Limbs part 2 and THEN they’re gonna release Next Two Pages of Frankenstein. Then the 3rd secret album is the sequel to Evermore with Matt dueting on every song. I read it as I typed it just now.

I read that the National’s secret already recorded new album is actually the King of Limbs part 2 and THEN they’re gonna release Next Two Pages of Frankenstein. Then the 3rd secret album is the sequel to Evermore with Matt dueting on every song. I read it as I typed it just now.
But will the moon phases play a role in its album rollout? This is the question I have.

Question: have they stopped doing the Cherry Tree exclusive posters for their individual shows? I checked online out of curiosity and the posters for the last two nights are just the ones they were already selling in person. Either way, I hope to get one online cause I doubt I’ll be able to do it in person.
The CT versions are available now -not sure as of when but they’re in the store now and the others are sold out

Great show last night! My expectations were pretty low since I’m not a huge fan of the new album. But it was definitely one of the better times I’ve seen them. Wasn’t expecting Cherry Tree. That is a DEEP CUT for a live show.

Also Matt came the closest I’ve ever seen him in the crowd as seen in this video!

I was a little bit bummed that The Beths played a shorter set than their first show with The National since I was really excited to see them for the first time.

Last edited:
Also… I think Matt moved to Connecticut because he said this is his new “hometown show” a couple of times. Did anyone else hear about this?

Also… I think Matt moved to Connecticut because he said this is his new “hometown show” a couple of times. Did anyone else hear about this?
Yes. It was reported in an article some months ago that he moved back east to CT. I'm pretty sure I posted that article here - I'll have to see if I can dig up a link

Here's the link to the New Yorker article:

Earlier in the day, Stevens and Bryce had FaceTimed with the Dessners’ older sister, Jessica, who lives in Italy and is undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Distance was in the air. These days, each member of the National has settled in a different place. Bryan moved back to Cincinnati. Scott went to Long Island; Aaron is upstate. Berninger and Besser are in the midst of moving back East, to Connecticut. Bryce has lived mostly in France since 2016.

Back