The National - Cherry Tree Club

Just got my High Violet 10th Anniversary vinyl (Cherry Tree version) today. It sounds really good! Absolutely dead quiet which was somewhat surprising. I haven’t had a chance to compare it to my original purple version but I think this one may sound better. Glad to have the third disc on vinyl too.
Good to hear, I got mine yesterday but not had chance to listen to it yet

Huh, suprised they went with that recording then lol
Some songs don't even sound like he's singing

I am on side B. I was expecting a shitty live recording but it actually sounds fine, nothing special but enough to enjoy the songs.

Same but the recording is probably quite good, maybe the best, out of all the venues they played in (brand new Mission Ballroom) and the band was pretty tight being in the middle of their tour.
I agree, it’s an amazing recording/pressing. No issues on mine.

My CT vol 2 appeared to be edging closer to Sweden as it was processed in Rotterdam on June 9. Then it was processed in Chicago (again) on June 14. I mean, WTF!

Same happened to me but depending on the website you use to track your parcel, some seems to mix packages with the same number. Check again in a couple of days, it should be back to "normal".

Mine arrived today... June 24th.

I know good things come to those who wait, but FFS... @Skalap any luck in Paris??

Yup! I received my package a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the outer box suffered a small damage and I asked for a replacement. I wouldn't have asked anything in normal times but since it took them half a year to ship the membership gift ans it took another two months to receive the records, I decided to ask for a replacement. No confirmation from their side for now.

Bloody hell, that's insanely bad. That dent in the middle is clearly a poor postal service, it must have been quite the impact

Yup there is a bigger hole on the outer package. I asked for a third box. After all, I have been waiting for this 2019 membership gift for time enough to expect something in perfect shape. I'll wait.

Back