The National - Cherry Tree Club

I hope VMP doesn't make their own version of self titled..... I have a complete vmp set and I kinda want to keep it going.

Nice! Excited to get the VMP Cherry Tree off my Discogs wishlist LOL

Same. I've been trying to get the VMP version for a while. Now, no need. I also got the SSfDL even though I have the VMP version. If the new one sounds better, I'm going to part with the VMP one.

I hope VMP doesn't make their own version of self titled..... I have a complete vmp set and I kinda want to keep it going.
I remember when VMP was about to announce Boxer, and Sleep Well Beast was coming...I already had the Sad Songs exclusive, so I sucked it up and splurged for a copy of their Cherry Tree release on Discogs, thinking that I too would like to have a complete VMP set...only for them to eventually *not* have a Sleep Well Beast variant. I remember thinking it was very confusing/disappointing, especially for how much I dropped to get that Cherry Tree copy.

I remember when VMP was about to announce Boxer, and Sleep Well Beast was coming...I already had the Sad Songs exclusive, so I sucked it up and splurged for a copy of their Cherry Tree release on Discogs, thinking that I too would like to have a complete VMP set...only for them to eventually *not* have a Sleep Well Beast variant. I remember thinking it was very confusing/disappointing, especially for how much I dropped to get that Cherry Tree copy.

It's been weird. No SWB or IAETF but they did a version of HV anniversary.

Why is it more expensive in € than in $ or £? Annoying since all three chalks up to about 800 swedish krona in the euro pricing including shipping, but only about 500 swedish krona if I could pay it in dollars

Edit: Just being a grumpy swede, and realized it's not that big difference if you live in a Euro country.....🤔

Last edited:
I’m actually considering the other two as well, and just selling my VMP copies... 🤔
It might not be a bad move. You can compare the versions and keep the one that sounds best and sell off the one you enjoy least. I would have considered this for my Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers but I like the VMP variant more and I am lazy AF and likely wouldn’t sell the superfluous copy.

I pulled the trigger and got s/t and Sad Songs. I have the standard black Cherry Tree, and want to act like a reasonable adult person. (Who am I kidding, I will probably FOMO-order it too in the end). I noticed that the Brassland pressings go for ridiculus money on Discogs now. I should have known that when my local store had them at sale prices (about $15) a couple of years ago, and I slept on both of them and only got Cherry Tree.

Back